BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,079 Posts
yep, think its a great idea, can help out on ccfl retrofit, nav stuff,gruppeM/aa cai fitting, coils etc.. got lots of pics at home!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
694 Posts
I think it's a great idea! We are moving thru a different period of ownership for most of us and these issues are, or soon will be asked about.

Often times it will be better if we can have the info stored here as opposed to another site when practicable. And of course, Information is power...:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,958 Posts
I can volunteer to summarize the CBU issue.

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,722 Posts
Kees, can you add http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=720004&postcount=43 this to the FAQ?
It's an explanation how to change the viewing angle of the 16/9 navi screen. A lot of 16/9 screens are sold on ebay, and a lot of them come from an X5. They have a different viewing angle than the E39 units. This manual explains how to change that angle.

I you like, I can add an intro, and the attachment with the German howto I used to start with...
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Frits said:
Kees, can you add http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=720004&postcount=43 this to the FAQ?
It's an explanation how to change the viewing angle of the 16/9 navi screen. A lot of 16/9 screens are sold on ebay, and a lot of them come from an X5. They have a different viewing angle than the E39 units. This manual explains how to change that angle.

I you like, I can add an intro, and the attachment with the German howto I used to start with...
Done. If you have a lot of information to compile it might be a better idea to start a new thread collating all the relevant information into one location?
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
10,445 Posts
Another good FAQ could be "how to make my 00 look like an 01 or later" with links to (this could also cover "what is the difference between 00 and later)
1. Steering wheel / airbag upgrade
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66861&highlight=steering+wheel+upgrade
2. Angel eyes and cellis lamps (could just link to bmw tips)
3. Nav upgrade pretty much covered above
4. What else is different? (i've done the upgrades so long ago i can't remember).
Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,958 Posts
Kees, thanks for the revised carbon build up links... that works! :)

Dave
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,055 Posts
kees said:
Would be nice to have some feedback if this thread is becoming useful?
Hola Kees... this thread is very usefull. Please do not take it down. :imnotworthy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
kees said:
Would be nice to have some feedback if this thread is becoming useful?
Very useful!! Thanks for all the effort you put in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
988 Posts
Kees...what about adding the post on fixing the jammed tranny to the FAQ's I think it could be very useful for people looking for info. I like this thread, as it puts stuff in one place. I was searching other forums for info on a new car purchase and wished they one of these threads.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
emccallum said:
Kees...what about adding the post on fixing the jammed tranny to the FAQ's I think it could be very useful for people looking for info. I like this thread, as it puts stuff in one place. I was searching other forums for info on a new car purchase and wished they one of these threads.
Do you have a link to a thread discussing that fix?
 
21 - 40 of 75 Posts
Top