BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Do you guys have actual pics of these valves you removed/installed. Just a little curious..

·
Registered
6 Posts
I replaced all four of these today. It wasn't too bad.. a little swearing and sliced up fingers, but ok.

The two above the bell housing were a bit of a PITA because getting a socket drive in there with a bit was pretty much impossible. I used a T30 socket and wrenched on it with a 6 mm open end wrench. You also need to unsnap the vent hoses from their holders behind the intake plenum so they can be pushed up off the valves.

All four were a PITA to pull out, but the ones above the bell housing were a little easier because you can get a screwdriver on them to pry them out. Before installing, I liberally greased all the o ring connections to make sure they come out easier next time.

Driver side

View attachment 935208

Passenger side

View attachment 935210
View attachment 935211

Vent hoses behind plenum

View attachment 935212

Hose holders

View attachment 935213

Two valves above bell housing

View attachment 935214
View attachment 935215
I replaced all four of these today. It wasn't too bad.. a little swearing and sliced up fingers, but ok.

The two above the bell housing were a bit of a PITA because getting a socket drive in there with a bit was pretty much impossible. I used a T30 socket and wrenched on it with a 6 mm open end wrench. You also need to unsnap the vent hoses from their holders behind the intake plenum so they can be pushed up off the valves.

All four were a PITA to pull out, but the ones above the bell housing were a little easier because you can get a screwdriver on them to pry them out. Before installing, I liberally greased all the o ring connections to make sure they come out easier next time.

Driver side

View attachment 935208

Passenger side

View attachment 935210
View attachment 935211

Vent hoses behind plenum

View attachment 935212

Hose holders

View attachment 935213

Two valves above bell housing

View attachment 935214
View attachment 935215
Good job.

Can you also track and post your oil consumption post valve replacement?

I'm seeing oil seepage on the wiring harness below passenger side valves and will probably also change out.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts