BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

41 - 60 of 2986 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
nah, it shares a similar spoke pattern with the bbs rxII however it has stepped lip instead of a soft lip... a friend of mine told me they were centerline/dynatech. but cant find anything under those items...

BBS LM-R is a close match too:

option 2:

any thoughts on this???

has anyone seen on any car BBS CH in bronze or gold???
>>>>

Personally, I REALLY like (so much so that, if I had wheel $ to blow, I'd get them)the one BBS here (BIG pic, no gold, RX 513?). I *think* I was just looking at these at AGA yesterday, but they had a BMW center hub. Either way, very nice. MUch nicer, IMHO, than the 5-spoke thing in your next post.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
if you want a five spoke -- check Fikse... the profil 5 and profil 5s

local m5er (whatheheck) has a LMB M5 with shiny silver Fikse Profil 5s and it looks great!

5 spoke wheels need BBK to look good -- stock POS calipers look pretty crappy and a 5 spoke makes that all the much more apparent... IMHO
that is a nice wheel, i will look into it... i completely forgot about fikse... i have always been partial to the fm10... very nice mesh wheel. friend had it on his gt3, looked great.

fm5:

fm10:

·
Registered
784 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
that is a nice wheel, i will look into it... i completely forgot about fikse... i have always been partial to the fm10... very nice mesh wheel. friend had it on his gt3, looked great.

fm5:

fm10:
>>>

I'll say one thing about those Fiske 5-spokes: they'll be WAY easier to keep clean than the other options (or stock wheels).

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
This is definitly the DYNATECH M1
you sir are my hero... if we ever meet up, i owe you a drink... truly appreciate it. now the thing is to hunt them down in 18 or 19"... i will contact them on monday... hopefully, theyll be able to source something for me... thanks again.

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I like those Fikse 5s too but they cost a fortune for such a simple looking wheel...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
i think the BBS on the first post look or would look good with LMB. the edited photos look more like chrome gold not the matte gold on the wheels.
Bronze would look very good imho, also i don't like the gold with chrome lip

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
alright, i think my minds made up... im going to order the bbs LM but in the regular silver finish. if i wind up keeping the car through summer... ill have them refinished in gold and see what happens.

thanks for the input, and the insight... i appreciate the help...

one last thing, since theres so many of you on this thread... i'll ask here instead of creating a new one... what is the best fitment for this body???
i would like to do 19x11 and 19x10, however i think the ideal area to be in would be 19x10.5, 19x9.5... please let me know, along with offsets. thanks.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #54 (Edited)
i was also thinking about doing CCW wheel 'Classic' i had it on my previous car and loved it... maybe do it again... does anyone here have any photos of this wheel on an e39???

http://i11.tinypic.com/8fv846c.jpg

yeah big pass on the bronze:

'odelay vato' (maybe some hydraulics too...)

*worst photo edits ever!

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
very ltd. and very expensive... trying to do the wheel shopping now, this way for spring/summer its all ready to go. but working out as planned.

im not sure i like the last wheel, but posting more so for opinion on that style... (5 star, five spoke whatever the kids are calling it these days idk). i welcome honest opinion, if its ugly say it, i dont mind... rather now then when on the car and wallets empty. lol.

Member frits got/had those on his m5 for summerwheels.but his are german style,18" but wide as hell. i thought 10 in front and 12 in the back.check his gallery.

maybe a suggestion....
what do you think off these??? those are WORK REZAX II rims, one day those puppys will be mine :hihi::hihi:.maybe not in 3d chrome, but i like them.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Those WORK REZAX II are beautiful!!! Looks like they run about $900 apiece, so they won't be gracing my beast anytime soon haha.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Member frits got/had those on his m5 for summerwheels.but his are german style,18" but wide as hell. i thought 10 in front and 12 in the back.check his gallery.

maybe a suggestion....
what do you think off these??? those are WORK REZAX II rims, one day those puppys will be mine :hihi::hihi:.maybe not in 3d chrome, but i like them.
>>>

I like them. However, being an anal-retentive detailing freak, I can see where I'd need a bag of new tools and several hours of my life each week to keep them clean.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #59 (Edited)

maybe a suggestion....
i dig the wheels a bit, just not a fan of the soft lip... i had work vs-xx on my previous car, and they build a solid wheel. very strong. theres a similar wheel by kerscher (KCS) not sure if youre familiar:

Kerscher Crown:

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
how bout these bad boys

Or maybe...

41 - 60 of 2986 Posts
About this Discussion
3K Replies
436 Participants
Jdimben
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing