BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 2989 Posts

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
I just saw a white E-39 at the SD Autoshow that had gold rims...and I thought (as did the people with me) they looked horrible on the car. However...I think they *could* look good on a LMB or maybe Chiaretto REd.

·
Registered
3,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i think there is a 525 w/ mtech on bimmerfest that has them.
found a set of GTII on a LMB, but it didnt look right... wheel was very small and it was two tone...

I just saw a white E-39 at the SD Autoshow that had gold rims...and I thought (as did the people with me) they looked horrible on the car. However...I think they *could* look good on a LMB or maybe Chiaretto REd.
which wheel was it? do you have photos?

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
found a set of GTII on a LMB, but it didnt look right... wheel was very small and it was two tone...

which wheel was it? do you have photos?
>>>

Not sure, but it was on a Group 5 Motorsport car. Maybe there's a pic at www.group5motorsport.com? They were bright gold...bronze might work.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
jet black.
>>>

Might work on JB. I'd hate to spend big $ to find out otherwise though. I just know they looked awful on the white car. A white M5 is pure, understated class. To put those gold rims on it would be like James Bond getting a lip ring.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Gold, star-shaped Speedline wheels were the hallmark of earlier era Ferraris. Basket-weave lace wheels, often in gold, were common on first generation 3 series BMWs. I rather liked the look, especially on Ferraris, but only on certain color cars. They went well with red and black cars. I think they'd color clash on a silver car.

·
Registered
3,738 Posts
Gold, star-shaped Speedline wheels were the hallmark of earlier era Ferraris. Basket-weave lace wheels, often in gold, were common on first generation 3 series BMWs. I rather liked the look, especially on Ferraris, but only on certain color cars. They went well with red and black cars. I think they'd color clash on a silver car.
>>>

Yep. The wheels I saw were seriously bling, unlike the OP's. So, in answer to the original question: I like the wheels, and they'd probably look great on a JB. Personally, I'd rather see someone else spend the $ to verify that though.

1 - 20 of 2989 Posts
About this Discussion
3K Replies
437 Participants
Awake77
BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
M5Board is the best forum community for information on the BMW M5 E60 (V-10), E39 (V-8), E34 (straight 6), E28, F90 and F10. Discuss performance, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing