M5 Expert (>4000)
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,131 Posts
Timmayfest 2011 in review......
I would like to dedicate this thread to ideas on improving the event for next year while it is fresh on our minds......
Let's try to stick to new ideas in this thread please. Point out what didn't work, what worked perfect, and what you would LIKE to see happen.
1. Dedicate someone in charge of the front gate. Thank you to everyone who helped out! Next year we really need to work up a schedule and stick with it. I felt horrible for those who worked the gate for hours without relief. I made up 200 packets to hand out at the gate and ended up with almost 100 and the end of the day. We had over 200 cars there, half of which didn't get packets. I was sort of using the packets to count cars.
2. Organize parking better. It wasn't BAD, it just could have been better, mainly in the grass. With the lack of MB's that showed up, maybe next year we will dedicate the East grass to only E39 M5's, and the West grass to the rest of the M's.
3. Peter has to be there to MC. I HATED that. I need to better organize the raffle as well.
4. Situate the DJ so everyone can hear announcements. Anyone on the West side of the lot couldn't hear a thing.
5. Photo opportunities. I wanted to do mass pictures of model generations. This may be a venue issue. If we would have held it at a fair ground or something, where we had more room, this would have been possible. We will see what happens next year.
6. I need to make some banners that label where T-shirts/raffle tickets are being sold and donations can be made.
7. Order less shirts! I had over 60 shirts left. Next year I am only ordering 150. If we run out, we run out...... LOL.
The New Whip:
2003 Sterling Gray/Executive Caramel ///M5 (Name TBD)
~Coming soon! 5.3 LS Twin Turbo Swap. Just another LS swap, but with 2 snails.
The Storm Trooper:
2014 328i xDrive Msport Alpine White/Black Dakota (fully loaded)
~Bootmod3 stage 2~ER Downpipe~ER Charge pipe~BMS Intercooler~351M wheels
Tim ~ email: HallmanTL (at) gmail (dot) com
Last edited by timmay77; 23rd June 2011 at 11:08 PM.