Timmayfest 2010 review / ???????fest 2011 brain storming. - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
USA Northeast Forum For ME, NH, VT, MA, RI, CT, NY, NJ, DE, PA, OH, WV, MD and VA.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 200 Old 20th September 2010, 02:01 AM Thread Starter
timmay77
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
timmay77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 42
Posts: 6,939
Thanks: 1,867
Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,131 Posts
Timmayfest 2010 review / ???????fest 2011 brain storming.

Timmayfest 2010 review;

1. I need more help. I barely had a chance to enjoy myself. Now, those who helped, please don't take offense, I tried to do too much ON TOP of what you guys did for me.

2. I need to better organize the raffle. That was my fault for not being better prepared. Prizes weren't organized well, tickets sales were poor, really. that is why the same people kept winning.

3. Dinner Friday night was a train wreck. Not near enough seating. I really had NO CLUE who was going to show up. I planned for 35 and 60 showed up.

4. Saturday only next year, Sunday was a complete waste.

5. Should we change the name?

Add any other observations if you would please.

The New Whip:
2003 Sterling Gray/Executive Caramel ///M5 (Name TBD)
~Coming soon! 5.3 LS Twin Turbo Swap. Just another LS swap, but with 2 snails.

The Storm Trooper:
2014 328i xDrive Msport Alpine White/Black Dakota (fully loaded)

~Bootmod3 stage 2~ER Downpipe~ER Charge pipe~BMS Intercooler~351M wheels

Tim ~ email: HallmanTL (at) gmail (dot) com
timmay77 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 200 Old 20th September 2010, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
timmay77
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
timmay77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 42
Posts: 6,939
Thanks: 1,867
Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,131 Posts
?????fest 2011

1. Name change?

2. Location - I am considering trying to get a local drag strip as the venue. I am also thinking about doing a local fair ground as the venue but there would be no food. I would have to arrange for vendors to come and sell grubb. It also would cost money as last year's venue was free, in a way. QS & L was VERY hard to work with. The upside is CONSIDERABLY more room, power for the DJ and the Dyno if Eurocharged decides to come back, (PLEASE!) and the ease of planning for me. The fair grounds are also just a few miles form my house, which would make things WAY easier if someone needed something.

3. Friday nights are "Test and Tune" night at a local drag strip. Pay a fee and you can do as many runs as you want. We could do a mini meet there Friday night, do some runs, then have the real meet Saturday at the fair grounds?

4. Date - May or June?

5. Sponsors - We had a few late entries. I would rather have things squared away EARLY. It got REALLY crazy as the date grew closer.

6. Dinner Saturday night - I was very dissappointed with dinner, everyone was split up. I need to find a venue were everyone will be in the same area. Maybe rent a room for all of us.

7. Plan a breakfast Sunday for anyone that wants to join before departing. We could then take the opportunity to take some group pictures.

Thoughts?

The New Whip:
2003 Sterling Gray/Executive Caramel ///M5 (Name TBD)
~Coming soon! 5.3 LS Twin Turbo Swap. Just another LS swap, but with 2 snails.

The Storm Trooper:
2014 328i xDrive Msport Alpine White/Black Dakota (fully loaded)

~Bootmod3 stage 2~ER Downpipe~ER Charge pipe~BMS Intercooler~351M wheels

Tim ~ email: HallmanTL (at) gmail (dot) com

Last edited by timmay77; 20th September 2010 at 02:15 AM.
timmay77 is offline  
post #3 of 200 Old 20th September 2010, 02:37 AM
herrubermensch
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Age: 53
Posts: 8,711
Thanks: 4,474
Thanked 2,607 Times in 1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay77 View Post
?????fest 2011

1. Name change?

2. Location - I am considering trying to get a local drag strip as the venue. I am also thinking about doing a local fair ground as the venue but there would be no food. I would have to arrange for vendors to come and sell grubb. It also would cost money as last year's venue was free, in a way. QS & L was VERY hard to work with. The upside is CONSIDERABLY more room, power for the DJ and the Dyno if Eurocharged decides to come back, (PLEASE!) and the ease of planning for me. The fair grounds are also just a few miles form my house, which would make things WAY easier if someone needed something.

3. Friday nights are "Test and Tune" night at a local drag strip. Pay a fee and you can do as many runs as you want. We could do a mini meet there Friday night, do some runs, then have the real meet Saturday at the fair grounds?

4. Date - May or June?

5. Sponsors - We had a few late entries. I would rather have things squared away EARLY. It got REALLY crazy as the date grew closer.

6. Dinner Saturday night - I was very dissappointed with dinner, everyone was split up. I need to find a venue were everyone will be in the same area. Maybe rent a room for all of us.

7. Plan a breakfast Sunday for anyone that wants to join before departing. We could then take the opportunity to take some group pictures.

Thoughts?
Good ideas, all. Here are some thoughts:

Beastfest as the name?

I think May is a great time.

I think commencing with a "test and tune" night at the drags, then having a function at the QS&L again, would work well. Alternatively, we could rent out a circle track on Saturday, then all go to dinner that night and breakfast the next morning. Or perhaps we could combine a "test and tune" Friday night with a DIY day at a local shop. Can you see where I'm going? I think hanging out and gawking at beasts and other cars is great, but I would prefer some activities that we can engage in, such as drag racing, circle track racing, dyno runs, detailing, or DIY mechancial work (somewhere with lifts). Perhaps we could even get some M5Board.com luminaries in the vendor world, such as Mike O'Neil of NortheastMotorsports or Jeff Howerton of Howerton Engineering or even...Steve DEEEENAAN.. to join us.

--Peter
herrubermensch is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to herrubermensch For This Useful Post:
timmay77 (20th September 2010)
 
post #4 of 200 Old 20th September 2010, 02:39 AM
Hdhntr23
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
Hdhntr23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Cincinnati OH
Age: 48
Posts: 4,668
Thanks: 1,386
Thanked 595 Times in 506 Posts
I know its far fro your house but we tossed the idea around last year of Mid-Ohio. Thoughts about reaching out to them?

Current Interior Mods:
MKIV, Sirius Retrofit, BlueTooth Retro-Fit, E60 SSK, ACS Aluminum Pedals, 30% Window Tint, TEC CupHolder, 2X's Ultimate Cup Holders, Full LED upgrade (Thanks Timmay77), "M" Stitched Alcantara Shiftboot and E-Brake boot, CF Steering wheel trim (Thanks CGRM5), Euro-Dash (Thanks Raz and Timmay77), Hella TC-400 TPMS, Scosche BlueTooth 2.0 A2DP Adapter (Thanks btmlinedan) Euro "Safety kit" Fire Extinguisher and First Aid box (Thanks Slimmbones)

Current Exterior Mods:

"Always-On" DRL Predator ICE LED 6000K AE's (Thanks Timmay77 and NavCoder), C-Fiber Kidney Grills (Thanks Havasusteve03Beast), ACS C-Fiber Roof Spoiler, ACS Flipper style C-Fiber Front Splitters, C-Fiber OEM Trunk Spoiler, C-Fiber Eye-Lids (Thanks CGRM5), Custom "vented" C-Fiber Rear Diffuser (Thanks Timmay77, ATLANTAM5 and Diny), Euro Headlights, (Thanks CGRM5), C-Fiber 6 piece window sills, 7 Piece C-Fiber Blue/Grey Roundels, Stainless vented custom Fog-Light frames, Hamann style sideskirts w/ CFiber Inserts, Projector Fogs

Current Performance Mods:
Dinan Exhaust cans (Thanks Timmay77 and btmlinedan), Brake duct mod with "Black Chrome" custom rings (Thanks Timmay77 and Diny), Dinan RSB with BeastPower brackets (Thanks Firehire, MFreakin5 and btmlinedan), Stoptech slotted rotors with StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads (Thanks Zeckhausen Racing Timmay77 and Lunker325)
Hdhntr23 is offline  
post #5 of 200 Old 20th September 2010, 02:43 AM
herrubermensch
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: New York
Age: 53
Posts: 8,711
Thanks: 4,474
Thanked 2,607 Times in 1,548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
I know its far fro your house but we tossed the idea around last year of Mid-Ohio. Thoughts about reaching out to them?
We also could go to a different location. Watkins Glen one day, DIY day at Northeast Motorsports the day before? How about THAT for a combo! I guarantee you, we can arrange DIY day with Mike O'Neil, and Watkins Glen can't be that expensive to rent out for a half-day, say $5k? Divided up among all the people who want to run?

Just a few thoughts. Focusing on activities would distinguish the event from Mfest and similar events.

--Peter
herrubermensch is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to herrubermensch For This Useful Post:
timmay77 (20th September 2010)
post #6 of 200 Old 20th September 2010, 02:45 AM
IRISH M5
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
IRISH M5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ohio, USA
Posts: 1,599
Thanks: 181
Thanked 191 Times in 149 Posts
Tim, you're so hard on yourself for no good reason.

Timmayfest was a great event and I know I speak for all when I say that.

Now, for next year, let me think on things besides more Eurocharged girls

Last edited by IRISH M5; 20th September 2010 at 02:47 AM.
IRISH M5 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to IRISH M5 For This Useful Post:
timmay77 (20th September 2010)
post #7 of 200 Old 20th September 2010, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
timmay77
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
timmay77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 42
Posts: 6,939
Thanks: 1,867
Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,131 Posts
Mid Ohio was $10k+ to rent for a day........

The New Whip:
2003 Sterling Gray/Executive Caramel ///M5 (Name TBD)
~Coming soon! 5.3 LS Twin Turbo Swap. Just another LS swap, but with 2 snails.

The Storm Trooper:
2014 328i xDrive Msport Alpine White/Black Dakota (fully loaded)

~Bootmod3 stage 2~ER Downpipe~ER Charge pipe~BMS Intercooler~351M wheels

Tim ~ email: HallmanTL (at) gmail (dot) com
timmay77 is offline  
post #8 of 200 Old 20th September 2010, 03:13 AM
TQ2K
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
 
TQ2K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: West Chester, PA
Posts: 2,156
Thanks: 98
Thanked 129 Times in 105 Posts
How far is the planned location from QS&L? The Hilton area is nice where wife and kid really didn't mind the meet as there was something for them as well...

TQ2K

'04 N62 - Alpine White/Truffle
'03 S62 - Petrol Mica/Champagne
'14 N18/R60 - Light White/Carbon Black
'97 S52/4/5 - Alpine White/Dove
'91 M42/4/5 - Brilliantrot/Tan
TQ2K is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to TQ2K For This Useful Post:
timmay77 (20th September 2010)
post #9 of 200 Old 20th September 2010, 03:55 AM
jimmythefish
Member, P500 Sport, MDM on (>800)
 
jimmythefish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Green Valley, AZ
Posts: 870
Thanks: 518
Thanked 202 Times in 139 Posts
Timmay,

1. Timmayfest or Beastfest I think is fine, Tim you do so much work to get this thing together that I thought it was cool to have it called Timmayfest. However, Beastfest really describes the occasion

2. Since I was not there for 2010 I really don't have much information to provide

3. Some light DIY sessions, detailing instructions/sessions, and reputable vendors to sell their wares

4. The drag strip/ track sessions would be cool, however, I would imagine that it would be a good idea that anyone running the track should have previous track experience....would not some noob like me causing an accident

5. Perhaps the local BMWCCA chapter would be supportive to perhaps set up driving lessons and track time of course all of us chipping in payment

6. I also think getting BMWCCA involved might help with publicity and perhaps a Roundel article

7. If it is Timmayfest, then we should not have European women....they should be Latin women

Some of the BMWCCA suggestions maybe way out there, however you never know.

James

2009 E63 M6
2002 E46 M3 convertible
2002 E39 530i sport 5spd. DD
2001 E39 M5, MKIV, Intravee
2001 E38 750il Intravee,MKIV,
1993 E34 M5 (3.6) restored!
1991 E31 850i 6spd
1989 E32 750il project
1988 E28 M5 Driver
1985 E28 535i time capsule
1959 BMW 502 3.2L looking for parts!
jimmythefish is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to jimmythefish For This Useful Post:
timmay77 (20th September 2010)
post #10 of 200 Old 20th September 2010, 04:19 AM Thread Starter
timmay77
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
timmay77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Age: 42
Posts: 6,939
Thanks: 1,867
Thanked 2,123 Times in 1,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmythefish View Post
Timmay,

1. Timmayfest or Beastfest I think is fine, Tim you do so much work to get this thing together that I thought it was cool to have it called Timmayfest. However, Beastfest really describes the occasion

2. Since I was not there for 2010 I really don't have much information to provide

3. Some light DIY sessions, detailing instructions/sessions, and reputable vendors to sell their wares

4. The drag strip/ track sessions would be cool, however, I would imagine that it would be a good idea that anyone running the track should have previous track experience....would not some noob like me causing an accident

5. Perhaps the local BMWCCA chapter would be supportive to perhaps set up driving lessons and track time of course all of us chipping in payment

6. I also think getting BMWCCA involved might help with publicity and perhaps a Roundel article

7. If it is Timmayfest, then we should not have European women....they should be Latin women

Some of the BMWCCA suggestions maybe way out there, however you never know.

James

I tried getting the local BMWCCA chapter involved last year, they wanted no part in it for some reason. I was just blown off when the subject came up.

I worry about having a "track day" or "drag day" as the event. I don't want to be repsonsible for someone crashing their car. We all hope it would never come to that, but if it did, that would really suck. That is why I like the idea of having a non-formal meet Friday night for "Test and Tune" at the local drag strip. That way THEY handle all of the release forms and legal crap. Then have a meet Saturday somewhere we decide. I do like Peter's idea of Watkins Glenn and NE Motorsports, but I could not head that project. I am no where near those locations.

I 2nd the idea of Latino women. Thank you Sir.

The New Whip:
2003 Sterling Gray/Executive Caramel ///M5 (Name TBD)
~Coming soon! 5.3 LS Twin Turbo Swap. Just another LS swap, but with 2 snails.

The Storm Trooper:
2014 328i xDrive Msport Alpine White/Black Dakota (fully loaded)

~Bootmod3 stage 2~ER Downpipe~ER Charge pipe~BMS Intercooler~351M wheels

Tim ~ email: HallmanTL (at) gmail (dot) com
timmay77 is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to timmay77 For This Useful Post:
jimmythefish (20th September 2010)
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Timmayfest 2010.5 ??? timmay77 USA Northeast Forum 15 8th July 2010 06:58 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome