Carbahn / Dinan Stage 2 S63tu Engine - not making power!! - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
F10 M5 Discussion 2010- Discussion about the next upcoming generation M5 based on the next generation 5-series, the F10.

 1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 12 Old 25th February 2019, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
Skyman2345
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Carbahn / Dinan Stage 2 S63tu Engine - not making power!!

Hey Guys,

Just got a Carbahn / Steve Dinan Stage 2 S63TU engine to replace my blown stock motor in my M6. It's not making power. I have only run into one other person who has one and is having similar issues. We both had Pure Stage 2 turbos.

The car has ported heads with turned cams for fuel pressure. The turbos were maxing out at full duty cycle and the car only ran [email protected] basically stock power.

Wondering if anyone else out there can help shed some light?

Thanks

2017 X5M JB4 Only - [email protected]
2016 M6 Carbahn Stg2 Eng = PARTING OUT!
2018 RS3 - [email protected], full weight, street tires, stock motor.
2018 740I JB4 Only - [email protected]
Skyman2345 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 Old 25th February 2019, 01:57 AM
leonelm3-m5
Member, P500, DSC On (>600)
 
leonelm3-m5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: ENYr now in Arlington,TEXAS!
Age: 45
Posts: 636
Thanks: 413
Thanked 44 Times in 41 Posts
Dang that sucks.... I hope you guys resolve that soon... I wonder what the Dyno showed during tuning?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leonel Aka " Rico"
Current:
2001 E46 Tiag / Imola
Modified HPF Turbo M3
9XX RWHP on E85 & the Gen2 PTE 6870
http://s1170.photobucket.com/albums/...t=53fe8fc9.jpg
2010 BMW X5M
K&N air filter
Megan Racing Exhaust
Decatted downpipes
H&R springs
stage 2 tune
leonelm3-m5 is offline  
post #3 of 12 Old 25th February 2019, 01:59 AM
audiophilepaul
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
audiophilepaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Your first problem is “Dinan” . They suck. Sorry, have to say it like it is.

Now, I’m guessing your DME/ECU didn’t take the tune and/or you have a jb4 piggy backed. Am I right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
audiophilepaul is offline  
 
post #4 of 12 Old 25th February 2019, 02:21 AM Thread Starter
Skyman2345
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonelm3-m5 View Post
Dang that sucks.... I hope you guys resolve that soon... I wonder what the Dyno showed during tuning?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dyno showed 613rwhp during tuning and supposedly the turbos were maxed. I got the car back and it ran [email protected] which is bone stock #s. The powerband is weird. Now the car had a drive train error and wont start. Back to the shop...

2017 X5M JB4 Only - [email protected]
2016 M6 Carbahn Stg2 Eng = PARTING OUT!
2018 RS3 - [email protected], full weight, street tires, stock motor.
2018 740I JB4 Only - [email protected]
Skyman2345 is offline  
post #5 of 12 Old 25th February 2019, 02:22 AM Thread Starter
Skyman2345
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilepaul View Post
Your first problem is “Dinan” . They suck. Sorry, have to say it like it is.

Now, I’m guessing your DME/ECU didn’t take the tune and/or you have a jb4 piggy backed. Am I right?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Why do you say that. Its Carbahn, Steve sold Dinan. But can you share some real info?

I had it tuned by Mission performance and was planning to add a JB4 but didn't get that far till the car stopped running.

2017 X5M JB4 Only - [email protected]
2016 M6 Carbahn Stg2 Eng = PARTING OUT!
2018 RS3 - [email protected], full weight, street tires, stock motor.
2018 740I JB4 Only - [email protected]
Skyman2345 is offline  
post #6 of 12 Old 25th February 2019, 02:40 AM
audiophilepaul
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
audiophilepaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman2345 View Post
Why do you say that. Its Carbahn, Steve sold Dinan. But can you share some real info?



I had it tuned by Mission performance and was planning to add a JB4 but didn't get that far till the car stopped running.


I did provide “real info”, you just don’t know enough yet...

My next question was going to be what codes are you throwing? Because you’re in limp.

What the hell is Carbahn?? lol

If you put down 61xAWhp on a dyno with Stage2 PureTurbos w/ported heads(lmao) and tweaked cams(again lmao), you’ve been robbed. In my opinion... As I’m putting those numbers down with much less, but I suppose you are starting with slightly less(platform wise, compared to the X5Ms) to begin with... Your setup seems like an odd setup to me. What else has been done? Downpipes? Exhaust? Headers? Methanol injection?

Oh, and maybe you didn’t notice... I commented “Dinan”. Not Steve Dinan. I’m fully aware of him, the company and the history of each. FYI. To my knowledge he’s back at Dinan now.

My point with “Dinan” is you pay a premium and often get robbed or lied too, or more often both... Also, their so called “engineering” on several platforms is a joke...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
audiophilepaul is offline  
post #7 of 12 Old 26th February 2019, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Skyman2345
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophilepaul View Post
I did provide “real info”, you just don’t know enough yet...

My next question was going to be what codes are you throwing? Because you’re in limp.

What the hell is Carbahn?? lol

If you put down 61xAWhp on a dyno with Stage2 PureTurbos w/ported heads(lmao) and tweaked cams(again lmao), you’ve been robbed. In my opinion... As I’m putting those numbers down with much less, but I suppose you are starting with slightly less(platform wise, compared to the X5Ms) to begin with... Your setup seems like an odd setup to me. What else has been done? Downpipes? Exhaust? Headers? Methanol injection?

Oh, and maybe you didn’t notice... I commented “Dinan”. Not Steve Dinan. I’m fully aware of him, the company and the history of each. FYI. To my knowledge he’s back at Dinan now.

My point with “Dinan” is you pay a premium and often get robbed or lied too, or more often both... Also, their so called “engineering” on several platforms is a joke...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Youre here for banter not help. Find your argument somewhere else....

2017 X5M JB4 Only - [email protected]
2016 M6 Carbahn Stg2 Eng = PARTING OUT!
2018 RS3 - [email protected], full weight, street tires, stock motor.
2018 740I JB4 Only - [email protected]
Skyman2345 is offline  
post #8 of 12 Old 27th February 2019, 04:42 AM
m6jes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am actually in the middle of getting a stage 2 built. I did a lot of research and everyone that is running those engines are extremely happy with them.. Reading this make me wonder what mine will be at. Alex at mission tuning is a great tuner and has had experience with these stage 2 motors that Carbahn is building. IG sharknado , Danny_g_m5 have these engines for a while now. Could it be that they didn't do a stage 2 for the extra fuel??
m6jes is offline  
post #9 of 12 Old 5th March 2019, 07:36 AM
audiophilepaul
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
audiophilepaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman2345 View Post
Youre here for banter not help. Find your argument somewhere else....


I asked you what your codes are.

That’s not banter. *


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
audiophilepaul is offline  
post #10 of 12 Old 6th May 2019, 09:17 AM
audiophilepaul
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
audiophilepaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Mark my words, I spoke the truth in my original post. Can’t help snowflakes that can’t process the truth... I know way more then you guys could possibly guess...


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
audiophilepaul is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (1 members and 1 guests)
Pontek2
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Engine Oil FAQ ard E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 115 28th November 2011 06:47 PM
dinan numbers blueaudis4 E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 32 3rd January 2009 08:12 PM
Press Release no 2: The new V10 engine in the BMW M5: A masterpiece in engine cons... Gustav Most Memorable Threads' 31 4th July 2004 09:23 PM
Official press release: Engine / Drive System enots E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 9 24th June 2004 12:50 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome