Blown Engine 2015 M5! BMW Wont fix! - Page 2 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
F10 M5 Discussion 2010- Discussion about the next upcoming generation M5 based on the next generation 5-series, the F10.

 4Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #11 of 28 Old 13th September 2017, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Skyman2345
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by M V10 Power View Post
Damn man.... this is disheartening to hear... As I too own about 4 bmws myself two of which are X5M and M5. This is terrible terrible service and makes you wonder what happened to BMW... I've always been a BMW loyal customer but to read this was just upsetting.

Sorry man I really hope you get a resolution, I can tell you that TECHS make all the difference. Luckily I know a tech at BMW and he always looks out and take care of my cars even when one is t under warranty


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I knew the dealership well... The said all M cars they cannot read data on anymore... Only BMW corp can... they can barely do anything. I had to wait a week just to get a BMW M tech assigned to it.

I now have an issue on my 2016 M6 and I am getting the exact same story of they won't honor repairs or prove as the law requires that the mods caused the issue. Things have drastically changed with BMW.

I know some other people that work there and said they're shaking up the whole thing and trying to reduce costs.

I do not want to sue. They just blatantly are ignoring warranty LAW. Also are showing terrible customer service and acting very strange about it all.
Skyman2345 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 28 Old 13th September 2017, 02:48 PM
M V10 Power
Member, P500 Sport, DSC On (>700)
 
M V10 Power's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Delaware
Posts: 722
Thanks: 36
Thanked 52 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman2345 View Post
Yeah I knew the dealership well... The said all M cars they cannot read data on anymore... Only BMW corp can... they can barely do anything. I had to wait a week just to get a BMW M tech assigned to it.



I now have an issue on my 2016 M6 and I am getting the exact same story of they won't honor repairs or prove as the law requires that the mods caused the issue. Things have drastically changed with BMW.



I know some other people that work there and said they're shaking up the whole thing and trying to reduce costs.



I do not want to sue. They just blatantly are ignoring warranty LAW. Also are showing terrible customer service and acting very strange about it all.


I truly agree with you... I hope and cross my fingers that someone does the right thing. Truly unfortunate and not acceptable at all.

Sucks man


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
M V10 Power is offline  
post #13 of 28 Old 13th September 2017, 04:20 PM
smoj
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
smoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 22
Thanks: 12
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ouch! Really sorry to hear about your misfortune. BMWNA used to have such a good reputation for standing behind its vehicles. I guess nothing good lasts forever.

I completely understand that you don't want to sue, and believe me I'm no fan of this country's reputation for people litigating everything at the drop of a hat. That said, I would definitely at least talk to a lawyer about this one. If nothing else, they may be able to compel BMWNA to provide some proof without necessarily starting a lawsuit or racking up a big bill. At $44k for the short block and with the M6 now acting up, I'd personally want to see what a lawyer (or two) has to say. If it does go to suit, my understanding of the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act is that it provides for reasonable costs and attorney fees. So, it's entirely possible that an attorney would take the case on contingency (they don't get paid unless you win) if they think you have a strong case.

Mods and tunes can be treacherous territory for warranty claims, but it's my understanding that at the bare minimum, BMW has to give you enough information for you to prove that the modifications didn't cause the failure. Doesn't sound like they've even approached that. Best of luck!!

2000 ///M5 - Avus Blue/Caramel
2004 325xi Touring - Silbergrau/Gray
smoj is offline  
 
post #14 of 28 Old 13th September 2017, 08:38 PM
NordmanMg
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
 
NordmanMg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 142
Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoj View Post
Ouch! Really sorry to hear about your misfortune. BMWNA used to have such a good reputation for standing behind its vehicles. I guess nothing good lasts forever.

I completely understand that you don't want to sue, and believe me I'm no fan of this country's reputation for people litigating everything at the drop of a hat. That said, I would definitely at least talk to a lawyer about this one. If nothing else, they may be able to compel BMWNA to provide some proof without necessarily starting a lawsuit or racking up a big bill. At $44k for the short block and with the M6 now acting up, I'd personally want to see what a lawyer (or two) has to say. If it does go to suit, my understanding of the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act is that it provides for reasonable costs and attorney fees. So, it's entirely possible that an attorney would take the case on contingency (they don't get paid unless you win) if they think you have a strong case.

Mods and tunes can be treacherous territory for warranty claims, but it's my understanding that at the bare minimum, BMW has to give you enough information for you to prove that the modifications didn't cause the failure. Doesn't sound like they've even approached that. Best of luck!!
Warranty is like an insurance, if you failed one simple point and they catch it - you're rejected.
I know a guy who lost his warranty over aftermarket wheels he put on the car, yea I know it sounds stupid but it is what it is. That was Mercedes dealership.
My good friend lost his warranty on Bmw 335i cuz he got it tuned, so he traded that car right away and got new one and drove it without any modes till he sold it 4 years later
NordmanMg is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to NordmanMg For This Useful Post:
M V10 Power (14th September 2017)
post #15 of 28 Old 14th September 2017, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
Skyman2345
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smoj View Post
Ouch! Really sorry to hear about your misfortune. BMWNA used to have such a good reputation for standing behind its vehicles. I guess nothing good lasts forever.

I completely understand that you don't want to sue, and believe me I'm no fan of this country's reputation for people litigating everything at the drop of a hat. That said, I would definitely at least talk to a lawyer about this one. If nothing else, they may be able to compel BMWNA to provide some proof without necessarily starting a lawsuit or racking up a big bill. At $44k for the short block and with the M6 now acting up, I'd personally want to see what a lawyer (or two) has to say. If it does go to suit, my understanding of the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act is that it provides for reasonable costs and attorney fees. So, it's entirely possible that an attorney would take the case on contingency (they don't get paid unless you win) if they think you have a strong case.

Mods and tunes can be treacherous territory for warranty claims, but it's my understanding that at the bare minimum, BMW has to give you enough information for you to prove that the modifications didn't cause the failure. Doesn't sound like they've even approached that. Best of luck!!


Thanks bud... Yes they've provided not even one shred of evidence or proof and flat out refuse to. I told them that's all I want. I have contacted an attorney that has another big class action going against bmw.... we'll see... what a waste of time.

That being said I will be moving by 15 BMW leases to another company and all the new cars we were going to buy are going to another luxury brand.
Skyman2345 is offline  
post #16 of 28 Old 15th September 2017, 02:42 AM
NordmanMg
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
 
NordmanMg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Colorado
Posts: 142
Thanks: 11
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman2345 View Post
Thanks bud... Yes they've provided not even one shred of evidence or proof and flat out refuse to. I told them that's all I want. I have contacted an attorney that has another big class action going against bmw.... we'll see... what a waste of time.

That being said I will be moving by 15 BMW leases to another company and all the new cars we were going to buy are going to another luxury brand.
It's your own fault buddy, if you modding a brand new car without modes being certified by dealer then you can loose warranty from any brand out there, doesn't matter if it is a bmw or Kia.
That's why there is Dinan, who provide modes without affecting your warranty.
I work with local bmw dealership a lot and you're not the only one who got into the same situation
NordmanMg is offline  
post #17 of 28 Old 16th September 2017, 08:57 PM Thread Starter
Skyman2345
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
It could be my fault but they need to show that... they wont show the smallest amount of evidence.
Skyman2345 is offline  
post #18 of 28 Old 16th September 2017, 09:55 PM
Dan Kelly
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Dan Kelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Hertfordshire
Posts: 1,209
Thanks: 175
Thanked 245 Times in 175 Posts
It's not that your mods may or may not have caused the failure, it's that you've modified the car and invalidated your warranty.

E34 M5 '90
E39 M5 '01
F10 M5 '14
E82 1M '11
Dan Kelly is offline  
post #19 of 28 Old 16th September 2017, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Skyman2345
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ventura, CA
Posts: 204
Thanks: 0
Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Review the law... modification does not invalidate a warranty and burden of proof is on them to show it caused the failure.
Skyman2345 is offline  
post #20 of 28 Old 17th September 2017, 01:15 AM
mg259usa
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
mg259usa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Fairfield, CA
Posts: 62
Thanks: 5
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Garage
Dealer/manufacturer warranties - as i understand - are governed by the Magnusson Moss Act which mandates that in order to deny a claim based on use of an aftermarket part, the manufacturer has to show that the aftermarket part caused the failure.

https://www.sema.org/sema-enews/2011...ermarket-parts

mg259usa is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will BMW Pay $800 Million To Fix Cause Of Sudden Engine Failure? nicko E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 13 5th July 2015 05:21 PM
BMW Takes Overall Win at 2015 Engine of the Year Awards AutoGuide.com Web Site News 0 17th June 2015 09:30 PM
2007 BMW X5 engine blown Mobster1983 E63 BMW M6 Forum and BMW M6 Convertible | m6board.com 7 2nd December 2013 09:16 AM
2000 S62 ENGINE BLOWN - NEED USED ENGINE 00greenm5 Parts / Other For Sale or Wanted 16 5th July 2008 04:41 PM
blown engine templeM5 E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 75 23rd January 2006 01:21 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome