Time to upgrade my current coilovers with a full motorsport/competition MCS 2 way system.
At about 75,xxx miles I installed CKS Coilovers w/swift springs. A bunch of us gave these a try back in 2012/2013. I don’t know how many are still on them today.
My original thread can be found here:
For a relatively “unknown” brand, they held up pretty well. Now, six years and 87,000 miles later, it’s time to replace them. 87,000 miles is good run for a “performance” upgrade. Time to upgrade again! My choices:
1. KW v3. Off-the-shelf solution. Rebuildable. No surprises. Very good street solution.
2. Ground Control. Rebuildable. I have a custom GC setup on my e28 m5 that is a scalpel on the track, but can knock your teeth out on the street. GC now makes an e60 solution, so I was leaning towards GC to build a more street/track solution for me.
3. Bilstein. I had a PSS9 system on my e39 m5. They now make a system for the e60 m5, so that was tempting as well.
4. CKS. 87,000 miles is a good run! When I installed the CKS, I wanted to try something different — and for nearly half the price of the KWs...why not give them a try and drive them into the ground?
5. MCS (Motion Control Suspension). The over the top, rebuildable, motorsport solution that can be dialed back for the street. One of the MCS owners also founded JRZ Suspension Engineering and Moton Suspension Technology. My shop, OMS, installs them on many of their racecars and their client’s racecars. And, Imma sucker, because racecar!!
MCS machines and assembles their components in Alpharetta, Georgia. With the holiday, it will take a couple weeks for them to build my system. From what I understand, I will be the first e60 m5 running their suspension.
I’m looking forward to making a big jump in my suspension game with my e60. Will update this thread once I get them sorted.
///M The ///Most Expensive Letter in the Alphabet
Driving Concepts Competition Racing School
s85 + (afterthought) 6mt =162,000 miles with no RCOD and counting ...just saying...
2007 Dinan S2 e60 m5 6MT Interlagos Blue
; DINAN 3.91 Exploded @8x,xxx
; Performance Gearing 3.91 LSD 3 clutch, 30/50 ramps, R&P polished
; ClutchMasters FX350 clutch and LTW single mass FW @157,000 miles, RPi Oil Cooler/Scoops; DINAN High Flow Air Mass Meter/Intake, DINAN TBs, DINAN pulley, DINAN strut, DINAN Monoballs, FastAttack Tune, w/Kung Fu grip!
, Einhorn Industries Race Jedders, track pipe, and x-pipe;
DINAN Section 3, DINAN LTW 19x9 ET18, 19x10 ET25, Michelin PS4S 275/35/19 and 305/30/19, Macht Schnell 15mm spacers (front); FERODO FRP3000H race pads; StopTech BBK 6/4 380mm/35mm x 380mm/32mm w/SS lines; RDSport F/R sways; MCS 2WNR motorsport coilover, -2.0/-2.5 F/R camber; z3 1.9L SSK, with f10 shifter; F/R G1W-H; Uniden R1, remote ALP 2Rx:1Tx, F/R NetRadar DSP, w/GPS and BT. SprintBooster v3; Euro MDM and DSC off. Fluids: Motul 7100 4T 10w60, Redline ShockProof Lightweight 75w140, Castrol SRF, Unicorn Jizz and Wolfpack Blood; Rod bearings replaced at 84,000 and 150,000 miles!!!
1988 e28 m5 STROKER 420bhp 91 octane(Paul Burke s38b39)
; VAC LTW flywheel; MegaSquirt G2 DME; Nuke Performance fuel rail and pressure regulator, Carbon Fiber CSL intake; Lifeline Zero 360 FIA 3.0kg Novec fire suppression; Cool Shirt Pro Air/Water system; Euro RestoMod track car: caged, 6 point Schroth FIA harness, FIA Sparco Ergo & Sabelt GT-160 seats...AC/heater, interior, sunroof, rear seat delete; Euro Headers, dump valve, and race cats; CAE Ultra shifter; custom Ground Control Coilovers/camber plates; Mason Engineering front/rear strut bars; Brembo 6/4 BBK; 17x9 BBS Style 42 w/Michelin Cup 2; undergoing Euro restoration, building the e28 CSL ///Motorsport never built. 5.71lbs/hp
Not-spec e30 racercar!!!
Fully caged for wheel 2 wheel racing
1996 FZJ 80
; LOCKED; Factory TRD Supercharger; Expo/Overland/Backcountry Rig; custom sleeper/drawer system, full rock armor, 33"s on 2.5" OME Heavy Lift; Rigid LEDs F/R; 231,000 miles and counting.
2008 Audi A3 S-Line Quattro w/flappy paddles
(Mammoth Mountain Commuter)
2000 e39 m5 TiAg (Gone, but not forgotten) sold 7/2014.
The Indys that I trust for all my Beasts' needs: oceansidemotorsports.com my local physician for service
fastattackmotorsports.com because JColley!
einhornindustires because WolfPack!
~Viva La Wolfpack!