Hi guys, was wondering if you might be able to help me diagnose my situation, bit of background:
- Was on holiday for a week.
- Came back, started the M5, let it warm for a few mins, then jumped my bro's Discovery.
- Drove home from my Dad's approx 5 miles and switched engine off.
- Next day i took the wife for some food, had a good run down the motorway and gave it some stick. As we got off the motorway i noticed the HUD kept cutting out, then the CIC, then was getting a LOT of error messages, Transmission, DSC, Assisted Start, ABS, Tyre Pressure etc etc
- Turned it off and ate my food with anxiety
- Got back in the car, started fine, would not go into R had to go D first then R and it took.
- Did the same thing until about half way back down the motorway, when it started to behave properly again.
Plugged in INPA when i got in and there was a lot of errors on many modules, mostly related to Over / Under Voltage, reading online straight away i got to voltage regulator.
Checked with a meter before work, i had 11.9v - 12.2v on the battery when off, 14.1v when idling.
Driving to work i had 14.1v On the Battery and 14.5v On the Generator Voltage (if thats the right thing to be measuring?) It wasn't erratic up and down like other regulator posts i have seen.
Any help would be appreciated in identifying where to start before i start buying batteries / regulators / alternators.