Euro DME Tune - Page 4 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 2005- Advertiser's Forum

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #31 of 39 Old 21st May 2018, 05:21 PM
sundaycruzers
Fellow Member (>400)
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 490
Thanks: 29
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skills View Post
OP - Perhaps you might want to have your cold start coded out.
JColley of FAMS did my cold start delete along with my engine tune.
My idle at start-up is always smooth and I never go through that first couple minutes of sounding like a diesel.

I'll point out that I also have the Euro SMG tune which I've had for years, and that my beast spends 98% of it's time in South Florida where we do not have an emissions check.


The euro software is how you code out cold start. what we need is the ability to pass obdII smog check and have the euro spec software too
sundaycruzers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 39 Old 21st May 2018, 05:22 PM
sundaycruzers
Fellow Member (>400)
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 490
Thanks: 29
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
sundaycruzers is offline  
post #33 of 39 Old 22nd May 2018, 03:39 AM
flacoramos
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: IL
Posts: 1,192
Thanks: 4
Thanked 98 Times in 96 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaycruzers View Post
The euro software is how you code out cold start. what we need is the ability to pass obdII smog check and have the euro spec software too
Quote:
Originally Posted by flacoramos View Post
I've tried both euro tunes, both have cat heating routines. I've never experienced a heating routine other than at startup. Haven't experienced the fast idle either.

Edit: Fast idle other than at startup I should say. The US tune keeps RPMs low on cold starts, both euro tunes have a fast idle of 1200 or so for a minute or two. Cold engine is a LOT happier with fast idle when cold.
Euro tunes do not remove cold start. They have a different cat heating routine, but still engage the air pump, etc.

I've tried both tunes for a few months. I felt no difference between 799 and 639 as far as power or drive-ability goes. I ended up going back to 639 as the car eventually started throwing a low battery warning and also DME alternator codes with the 799. Thought it was the regulator which I had a spare for, but after swapping it the alt error would be set as soon as engine was started. Flashed back to 639 and all errors are gone. Probably has to do something with proper integration with other modules.
flacoramos is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to flacoramos For This Useful Post:
sundaycruzers (22nd May 2018)
 
post #34 of 39 Old 23rd May 2018, 03:51 PM
sundaycruzers
Fellow Member (>400)
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 490
Thanks: 29
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flacoramos View Post
Euro tunes do not remove cold start. They have a different cat heating routine, but still engage the air pump, etc.



I've tried both tunes for a few months. I felt no difference between 799 and 639 as far as power or drive-ability goes. I ended up going back to 639 as the car eventually started throwing a low battery warning and also DME alternator codes with the 799. Thought it was the regulator which I had a spare for, but after swapping it the alt error would be set as soon as engine was started. Flashed back to 639 and all errors are gone. Probably has to do something with proper integration with other modules.


Thats funny, I get high battery drain every morning without ever having a battery below 12.36 made me carry a vom with me everywhere. Im running the 799, still need to see if it runs the parameters to pass smog. Simply if it sets the monitors
sundaycruzers is offline  
post #35 of 39 Old 30th May 2018, 03:40 PM
John Choe
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 212
Thanks: 18
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Can anyone confirm which of the DME tunes complies with emissions?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Choe is offline  
post #36 of 39 Old 31st May 2018, 03:35 PM
sundaycruzers
Fellow Member (>400)
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 490
Thanks: 29
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Choe View Post
Can anyone confirm which of the DME tunes complies with emissions?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Havent had time to check 799, we know 639 will not pass smog. But 799 comes with it own issues too read posts
sundaycruzers is offline  
post #37 of 39 Old 14th June 2018, 11:44 PM
sundaycruzers
Fellow Member (>400)
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 490
Thanks: 29
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Euro DME Tune

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Choe View Post
Can anyone confirm which of the DME tunes complies with emissions?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On global mode I check for dtcs and looks like all necessary dtcs are set to pass smog. Only draw back is the high battery drain that pops up every morning
Edit: this is the 799

Last edited by sundaycruzers; 14th June 2018 at 11:45 PM.
sundaycruzers is offline  
post #38 of 39 Old 28th June 2018, 03:18 AM
John Choe
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 212
Thanks: 18
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaycruzers View Post
On global mode I check for dtcs and looks like all necessary dtcs are set to pass smog. Only draw back is the high battery drain that pops up every morning
Edit: this is the 799


Awesome! I appreciate you doing this.
I have a question, are you fully catless by any chance? Im having a hard time getting my O2 sensor to set.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
John Choe is offline  
post #39 of 39 Old 28th June 2018, 03:34 PM
sundaycruzers
Fellow Member (>400)
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 490
Thanks: 29
Thanked 19 Times in 19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Choe View Post
Awesome! I appreciate you doing this.
I have a question, are you fully catless by any chance? Im having a hard time getting my O2 sensor to set.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


No stock right now. Im making a new mid pipe without secondary cats. Will do headers after I do rod bearings and vanos. As far as setting dtcs it can take weeks to set all of them because of the need for mixed and prolonged driving speeds
sundaycruzers is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DIY: Flashing DME with Euro SW to correct throttle mapping and address AA carbon buildup nightkrawler E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 95 24th May 2018 07:23 PM
EURO SMG and DME 08+ success! flacoramos E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 9 14th April 2017 04:17 PM
Will my Eurocharged tune be deleted when doing the Euro SMG tune ? IndyRedBeast E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 7 28th December 2012 04:19 AM
New ESS DME Tune/ SMG Tune / RPi/ESS tunes: VIDEO RPIpower M5 E60 Group Buy Forum and Sponsor Discussion and Offerings 23 8th April 2010 10:34 PM
DME fault code reader/reset tool for Euro M5? Gop-Dogg E34 M5 Discussion 1 23rd March 2004 08:20 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome