2006 M5 Misfire Cylinder 3 (HELP) - Page 2 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 2005- Advertiser's Forum

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #11 of 52 Old 5th December 2017, 04:46 PM
seif_ossama
Addicted Member (>300 posts)
 
seif_ossama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Egypt
Age: 32
Posts: 367
Thanks: 23
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Since you got the software why donít you start by pulling the codes first then do the vanos bleed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
seif_ossama is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to seif_ossama For This Useful Post:
gvardy (6th December 2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 52 Old 5th December 2017, 05:26 PM
Ferris
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,344
Thanks: 4
Thanked 129 Times in 118 Posts
Just re read it your post... Sorry for not replying earlier. have you pulled the adaption values yet? If so post them

2001 E36/7 MRoadster
2001 E39 M5
2010 E60 M5
2008 E90 335xi
Ferris is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Ferris For This Useful Post:
gvardy (6th December 2017)
post #13 of 52 Old 6th December 2017, 02:51 AM Thread Starter
gvardy
Member
 
gvardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 35
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seif_ossama View Post
Since you got the software why donít you start by pulling the codes first then do the vanos bleed


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sorry I thought I had posted the fault code.. 2B44 Combustion Misfire With Emission Deterioration Cylinder 3. I was not waiting for the software for this I have a scanner that provides the fault code.
gvardy is offline  
 
post #14 of 52 Old 6th December 2017, 02:52 AM
seif_ossama
Addicted Member (>300 posts)
 
seif_ossama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Egypt
Age: 32
Posts: 367
Thanks: 23
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
I would use the software because it is BMW focused instead of the scanners, they are usually generic that donít show all the codes. Just saying may be you should just check


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
seif_ossama is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to seif_ossama For This Useful Post:
gvardy (6th December 2017)
post #15 of 52 Old 6th December 2017, 02:59 AM Thread Starter
gvardy
Member
 
gvardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 35
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
Just re read it your post... Sorry for not replying earlier. have you pulled the adaption values yet? If so post them
I did, I will post them tomorrow, I will have to pull them again..
I did see a difference in the idle air actuator car off 20%, car off full throttle 99.5 bank 1, 99.9 bank 2, now when idle bank 1 will be in single digits or low teens while bank 2 stays in the double digit 15-20% higher, then I rev the car a little at a steady rev and it was the same on both banks, so I only show a difference at idle.

No reading from the secondary air valve..
gvardy is offline  
post #16 of 52 Old 6th December 2017, 03:03 AM Thread Starter
gvardy
Member
 
gvardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 35
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvardy View Post
I did, I will post them tomorrow, I will have to pull them again..
I did see a difference in the idle air actuator car off 20%, car off full throttle 99.5 bank 1, 99.9 bank 2, now when idle bank 1 will be in single digits or low teens while bank 2 stays in the double digit 15-20% higher, then I rev the car a little at a steady rev and it was the same on both banks, so I only show a difference at idle.

No reading from the secondary air valve..
also I did another smoke test, same inlet and blocked the bank 2 plenum, I uncovered the oil fill cap to make sure it was traveling, I got smoke from the oil fill and travelled to the bank 2 plenum so i covered everything and did not see any signs of leak...
gvardy is offline  
post #17 of 52 Old 6th December 2017, 03:05 AM Thread Starter
gvardy
Member
 
gvardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 35
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by seif_ossama View Post
I would use the software because it is BMW focused instead of the scanners, they are usually generic that donít show all the codes. Just saying may be you should just check


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I did, same code misfire cylinder 3, had other codes as well but nothing that can lead to a misfire.
gvardy is offline  
post #18 of 52 Old 6th December 2017, 03:06 AM
Ferris
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,344
Thanks: 4
Thanked 129 Times in 118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvardy View Post
I did, I will post them tomorrow, I will have to pull them again..
I did see a difference in the idle air actuator car off 20%, car off full throttle 99.5 bank 1, 99.9 bank 2, now when idle bank 1 will be in single digits or low teens while bank 2 stays in the double digit 15-20% higher, then I rev the car a little at a steady rev and it was the same on both banks, so I only show a difference at idle.

No reading from the secondary air valve..
My thought was you said you replaced bank 1 O2, It's worth clearing the adaptions and letting it readapt, I'd be interested to see the fuel trims.

2001 E36/7 MRoadster
2001 E39 M5
2010 E60 M5
2008 E90 335xi
Ferris is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to Ferris For This Useful Post:
gvardy (6th December 2017)
post #19 of 52 Old 6th December 2017, 03:11 AM Thread Starter
gvardy
Member
 
gvardy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 35
Thanks: 11
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferris View Post
My thought was you said you replaced bank 1 O2, It's worth clearing the adaptions and letting it readapt, I'd be interested to see the fuel trims.
Will Do, the reason I replaced the o2 besides having a fault I switched them first from bank 1 to bank 2 and the fault moved to bank 2, so really bank 2 has the new o2 sensor but no more o2 faults.

I will delete and read again and post the readings tomorrow.
gvardy is offline  
post #20 of 52 Old 6th December 2017, 03:17 AM
Ferris
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 1,344
Thanks: 4
Thanked 129 Times in 118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gvardy View Post
Will Do, the reason I replaced the o2 besides having a fault I switched them first from bank 1 to bank 2 and the fault moved to bank 2, so really bank 2 has the new o2 sensor but no more o2 faults.

I will delete and read again and post the readings tomorrow.
One last thought, if you can pull the plug let's see.

What are the order of events, i'm sorry if you covered them already. I know you said it happens at idle but is hot/cold ect does it happen immediately, Have you done any other work when it started? how did it start, blah blah.

Sorry for all the questions but I like to know the whole picture.

would't happen to have a boroscope do you?

2001 E36/7 MRoadster
2001 E39 M5
2010 E60 M5
2008 E90 335xi

Last edited by Ferris; 6th December 2017 at 03:18 AM.
Ferris is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ferris For This Useful Post:
gvardy (6th December 2017)
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Still having misfire on cylinder #5 andrei_g17 E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 3 7th July 2016 05:53 AM
Cylinder 3 misfire fitabe E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 6 1st October 2015 02:23 AM
First, cylinder 1 misfire; now misfire moved to cylinder 8 misfire huh?! E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 8 10th March 2015 05:31 AM
cylinder 7 misfire scottm E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 11 25th July 2011 07:11 PM
Whats the likely cause of "199 Cylinder #4 misfire + cylinder cutoff"? aaronmiles E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 7 24th August 2007 08:18 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome