Mitternacht: German for midnight. This will be the theme for my car.
Hey guys! I just picked up this car in Southern California on 4/29/17 and drove it back to Washington State. Really enjoyed the drive! The car currently has 56,000 miles on it and I have already started saving for rod bearing replacement. Plan on going with the BE bearings. Car currently has the following modifications:
- LUX angel eyes
- Yellow painted brake calipers
- LED interior lights
- Eisenmann Race Exhaust (section 3)
My planned modifications include:
- CIC upgrade
- 12mm spacers F/R
- H&R lowering springs
- Satin black powder coat on the OEM rims
- Modified headlights from Republic Werkz
I have a few questions about general use of the car though:
- When shifting gears, should you take your foot off of the gas like a true manual transmission or leave it on the gas? SMG transmission and I know how to drive a manual. I've tried both ways. Keeping foot on the gas pedal while changing gears yields a smooth transition. Taking foot of the gas makes for a jerky transition. What is the proper way to do it?
- What gas to use? Obviously you need minimum 91 octane but from who? On my drive home, I filled up from one Shell station and three Chevron stations. The previous owner used Shell V-tech. However, the list for Tier 1 gas stations is quite large according to Consumer Reports. I will more than likely go with exclusively Chevron premium.
Here's a picture in the current state.