That's quite an optimistic estimate on labour, no? I was under the impression that 30 hours needed - taking your time, over a period of a week.
If you are doing the work maybe .... IDK ...... for something like this I am not turning a wrench on my car .... as a matter of fact even though I grew up with a German Car Specialist Father - turned wrenches almost his whole life I don't really turn wrenches on my car ..... so if you are doing it in your garage maybe ......
Jcolley with FastAttack can do it in 8 - 10 hrs since he has done so many of them its like second nature at this point - I remember reading around the same estimate from him as well (roughly) ...... if you read my review I gave a link on my mechanic quoted 12 hours for bearings he did everything I wanted for:
Plus there is another link in that thread back to original questions and pricing from different places ......
Chris my mechanic originally quoted:
12 - 15 hrs for bearings and parts install
1.5 hrs front suspension
All fluids flushed and filled - coolant, power steering, brake, rear diff and SMG service hydraulic/trans
1. Meyle HD sway bar link x2, lower control arm x2, thrust rod x2, tie rod x2 - G3 sourced parts $660.00
2. new to me OEM dual drain plug oil pan $300 + $200 shipping from Australia
3. High pressure vanos line $145.00 fast attack motorsports
4. improved OEM oil piston squirters fast attack motorsports
5. BE bearings $734.00 fast attack motorsports
6. oil chain tensioner refresh kit $45.00 fast attack motorsports
Total spent $5,044.00 / $1,400.00 fast attack / $3145.00 G3 Automotive total parts $795.50, total labor $2,113.27
Dropped her off late Monday - the shop pulled it in over night and let the oil drain .... started on her Tuesday morning and I picked her back up 1st thing Thursday Morning - would have been Wednesday evening but had problems with the alignment machine and lift clearance after new tire install and front suspension pieces.