No idea, that's what I'd like to know. Each car (and dyno) is different so...
This engine wasn't running when it came in, so no way to do a test.
I did get a pre-header dyno from a local guy, but we weren't able to schedule the post-header dyno in time for him to pick up and he honestly didn't care about the numbers, so it was hard to convince him.
I have another here from MN that is finally going under the knife. It will be 100% before and after. The goal on that one is:
- as arrive dyno
- headers installed dyno
- headers and eventuri
- headers, eventuri, tune
The dyno I use is a Land and Sea hub dyno and to truly calibrate the mss65 for this one, we are looking at about 20 hours on the dyno.
- disable MAFs and run as alphaN
- reenable EGT probes (they were disused and abandoned in place on early cars)
- disable closed loop fueling (lambda sensor fuel trim)
- map every single cell of the VE tables to the correct fuel values
- map lambda targets for optimal power above cruise, optimal economy in cruise
- map all ignition advance cells for MBT
- re-enable closed loop fueling
Results to follow.