True Equal Length Headers (Long Tube) -BMW S85 for E60/E61/E63/E64 - Page 15 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 2005- Advertiser's Forum

 284Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #141 of 321 Old 6th June 2016, 07:59 PM
Obioban
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
 
Obioban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 2,172
Thanks: 5
Thanked 180 Times in 160 Posts
Obioban is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #142 of 321 Old 6th June 2016, 08:09 PM
jcolley
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
jcolley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,661
Thanks: 77
Thanked 1,265 Times in 873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Exciting!

Can't wait for the S62 version!!
Funny you mention that, Ian...I'm doing research for ID on S62 headers now. E46 as well. Not that you would need those, right?
jcolley is offline  
post #143 of 321 Old 6th June 2016, 08:20 PM
Obioban
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
 
Obioban's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Malvern, PA
Posts: 2,172
Thanks: 5
Thanked 180 Times in 160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolley View Post
Funny you mention that, Ian...I'm doing research for ID on S62 headers now. E46 as well. Not that you would need those, right?
Lol, first things first! I'm already on my 4th set of headers on the e46; still on the factory original headers on this M5. M5 needs a turn!
Obioban is online now  
 
post #144 of 321 Old 6th June 2016, 09:08 PM
RedRum5
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
RedRum5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Posts: 1,768
Thanks: 158
Thanked 160 Times in 146 Posts
RedRum5 is offline  
post #145 of 321 Old 6th June 2016, 10:46 PM
jcolley
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
jcolley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,661
Thanks: 77
Thanked 1,265 Times in 873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRum5 View Post
Sub'd. I think I want a set!
Perfect. When you drop your beast off, I'll install them.
jcolley is offline  
post #146 of 321 Old 7th June 2016, 04:30 AM
rt7085
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
rt7085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: West Newton,MA
Posts: 1,724
Thanks: 25
Thanked 175 Times in 152 Posts
Did you know that the FI exhaust do have 100 cell/in or 200 cell/in cat insert options?
rt7085 is offline  
post #147 of 321 Old 7th June 2016, 04:41 AM
jcolley
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
jcolley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 5,661
Thanks: 77
Thanked 1,265 Times in 873 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt7085 View Post
Did you know that the FI exhaust do have 100 cell/in or 200 cell/in cat insert options?
For some reason, FI doesn't offer them on the E60 or E63 exhausts, but do on most others. I inquired and the answer was no.
jcolley is offline  
post #148 of 321 Old 9th June 2016, 11:15 AM
Hasan Shaikh
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
Hasan Shaikh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: UAE
Age: 40
Posts: 7,029
Thanks: 2,947
Thanked 1,152 Times in 926 Posts
Excellent looking forward to more feedback on this



Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolley View Post
Very pleased to be receiving the first set of these on Wednesday. They will be going on a customer vehicle that just happens to have the front suspension cradle out at the moment for test fitment and will be leaving the shop on that vehicle. Once we know installation is a go with no issues, we will arrange a group buy for the first production batch.

I have my Behringer reference mic and recording setup left over from my autosound days, so will be using that to capture some nice audio clips for these headers on a stock exhaust system.

And of course, we all want to know what they sound like on a full exhaust system, so @rt7085 you can volunteer to buy a set with your Frequency Intelligent exhaust system and we can can have proper recordings done by a proper audio electronics engineer.
Hasan Shaikh is offline  
post #149 of 321 Old 9th June 2016, 11:27 AM
rt7085
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
rt7085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: West Newton,MA
Posts: 1,724
Thanks: 25
Thanked 175 Times in 152 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcolley View Post
Very pleased to be receiving the first set of these on Wednesday. They will be going on a customer vehicle that just happens to have the front suspension cradle out at the moment for test fitment and will be leaving the shop on that vehicle. Once we know installation is a go with no issues, we will arrange a group buy for the first production batch.

I have my Behringer reference mic and recording setup left over from my autosound days, so will be using that to capture some nice audio clips for these headers on a stock exhaust system.

And of course, we all want to know what they sound like on a full exhaust system, so @rt7085 you can volunteer to buy a set with your Frequency Intelligent exhaust system and we can can have proper recordings done by a proper audio electronics engineer.
Well..... The FI Exhaust is on its way soon. That is step one.
rt7085 is offline  
post #150 of 321 Old 9th June 2016, 05:55 PM Thread Starter
InfinityDesign
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 79
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obioban View Post
Exciting!

Can't wait for the S62 version!!
That's going to be real quick compared to these ones.
Must more space.
InfinityDesign is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Are there any equal length headers available for the E60 M5? ernie E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 9 17th August 2014 08:31 PM
E60 For Sale: e60 e61 e63 e64 OEM headers for sale eddiejb Parts / Other For Sale or Wanted 1 3rd June 2013 04:59 AM
E60 For Sale: Clutch Kit+Flywheel E60/E61/E63/E64 M5 M6 S85 V10 SMG race_pilot Parts / Other For Sale or Wanted 11 25th January 2013 11:15 PM
E60 For Sale: Clutch Kit+Flywheel E60/E61/E63/E64 M5 M6 S85 V10 race_pilot Cars For Sale or Wanted 1 24th December 2012 11:43 PM
Evolve Equal Length Headers - Member offer evolve automotive M5 E39 Group Buy Forum and Sponsor Discussion and Offerings 61 7th June 2011 05:41 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome