BREN TUNING IS THE REAL DEAL! (3rd Party Results Are In) - Page 17 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 2005- Advertiser's Forum

 228Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #161 of 285 Old 10th June 2015, 06:28 PM
BrenTuning
m5board.com Site Sponsors
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Charlton MA
Posts: 195
Thanks: 0
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjav8b View Post
I'm calling it like I see it and there are plenty of members that see it the same way. You can not expect to come on this forum and make unheard of claims and expect everyone to just be on board, that's not how it works. This forum is just that a forum for members to post their thoughts even if it goes against your best interest, Chris. No one has been disrespectful here other than you now calling me a child. This definitely defines your level of professionalism. Other than just not liking what I had to say, please show me posts of me "flying off the handle and acting like a child". I have actually posted that I thought Bren Tuning was no better or no worse than other tunes out there and Brens tunes had a good price. Those sound like positives to me. Even in my last post, I stated for the mods than Daves car has the 485rwhp is what you would expect. So what?

I have been a forum member since 2006 when I bought my M5 new. Over the years I have often been the guinea pig for new products out there. I tested them and informed other members about the products so they could make a decision if the product was worth purchasing for their car. I did the same with Bren Tuning. I contacted Bren Tuning about an SMG tune because Bren made claims about faster shift speeds. I did this even though I did not think Bren Tuning could do it. ESS Tuning had told me Bren Tuning could not tune the SMG the way Bren says he can and they did not hesitate to say this. There way never any "flying off the handle" from me, it just went as I expected. I never posted ESS Tuning telling me this before because I was just going to let it go but now that Chris is being a jerk I don't mind stating it.
You're not calling it like you see it, but I will take the high road and not continue to banter with you after this post.

You came to us looking for us to modify your current map for your built car. We told you that is not something that we offer and that it is common practice in this business. Once we said that, you started posting negatively and passive aggressively on this forum and dismissing us as an option and saying we are no different from the competition. All without any first hand experience, just based off of the short email exchange we had with you. You have been our biggest detractor, while many others have been skeptical, they are genuinely interested and curious, you have passive aggressively tried to negate anything we have done and dismiss us as a viable option while dismissing our customers positive findings. Had we decided to modify your current map for you I'm sure I wouldn't even be replying to you right now.

Why ESS says that it can't be modified is beyond me. Maybe they don't know how to do it? I can't tell you to be honest. I've seen the tables and know how to change it, saying that it can't be done is just plain ignorance. Many of these files have been bought from Europe and the tuners that sell them are essentially retailers who do not do any of their own development. When a question like yours pops up they simply dismiss it and say it's impossible.

As for professionalism, we take every customer and every job seriously and treat cars and customers with the utmost respect. You saying I am unprofessional because I called you out is asinine. I've received numerous PM's and emails about you from members stating the exact same thing I have found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
How come ESS say the SMG tuning cant be done??

Bren says they can and Evolve are looking into it and say its possible but need to test it.
Not sure why they can't say it can't be done. It can, has and will. We don't just make stuff up, that gets you no where in this business.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AQTdriver View Post
i have the Brens smg tune in mine and gear changes are noticeably quicker...
Thanks for the vouch!

[email protected]
BrenTuning is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #162 of 285 Old 10th June 2015, 07:06 PM
ss19777
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
ss19777's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 30
Thanks: 2
Thanked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AQTdriver View Post
i have the Brens smg tune in mine and gear changes are noticeably quicker...
I'm looking forward to receiving mine shortly. Will be a very interesting comparison between the stock SMG software and the Bren map.
ss19777 is offline  
post #163 of 285 Old 10th June 2015, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
damen
Addicted Member (>300 posts)
 
damen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 354
Thanks: 16
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss19777 View Post
I'm looking forward to receiving mine shortly. Will be a very interesting comparison between the stock SMG software and the Bren map.
YOU WILL LOVE IT! !! Welcome to the Bren family lol
damen is offline  
 
post #164 of 285 Old 10th June 2015, 07:37 PM
tjav8b
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,541
Thanks: 129
Thanked 288 Times in 114 Posts
I am a well respected member of this forum or at least used to be. Anyone here that does not think so, please do not hide behind PMs. Bren Tuning is here to promote their product and to make a buck. There is nothing wrong with that. Bashing a company is not my focus here. I have no vendetta with Bren Tuning. My focus here is looking out for my fellow forum members. In doing this, it has become apparent that some members feel threatened by some of my points. Why? If you are happy with Bren Tuning than great, good to hear. But, there is no need to suddenly feel a sense of loyalty to their product. Remember, all of us members are friends here or did that change?

For the record, I do not think this tune is a bad tune. I have simply pointed out that I don't think Brens tune will make 20rwhp over another credible companies tune. I didn't say anything bad about the company or Bren. I don't even know who this Chris guy is.

07' M5 SILVER/BLACK
ESS VT2
tjav8b is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tjav8b For This Useful Post:
irishbimmer (10th June 2015)
post #165 of 285 Old 10th June 2015, 07:46 PM
tjav8b
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 1,541
Thanks: 129
Thanked 288 Times in 114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrenTuning View Post
As for professionalism, we take every customer and every job seriously and treat cars and customers with the utmost respect. You saying I am unprofessional because I called you out is asinine. I've received numerous PM's and emails about you from members stating the exact same thing I have found.
Evolve never reacted to a forum member this way and they have had some pretty heavy spears thrown at them.

07' M5 SILVER/BLACK
ESS VT2
tjav8b is offline  
post #166 of 285 Old 10th June 2015, 07:57 PM
irishbimmer
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
irishbimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ladera Ranch, CA
Posts: 1,877
Thanks: 536
Thanked 271 Times in 207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjav8b View Post
I am a well respected member of this forum or at least used to be. Anyone here that does not think so, please do not hide behind PMs. Bren Tuning is here to promote their product and to make a buck. There is nothing wrong with that. Bashing a company is not my focus here. I have no vendetta with Bren Tuning. My focus here is looking out for my fellow forum members. In doing this, it has become apparent that some members feel threatened by some of my points. Why? If you are happy with Bren Tuning than great, good to hear. But, there is no need to suddenly feel a sense of loyalty to their product. Remember, all of us members are friends here or did that change?

For the record, I do not think this tune is a bad tune. I have simply pointed out that I don't think Brens tune will make 20rwhp over another credible companies tune. I didn't say anything bad about the company or Bren. I don't even know who this Chris guy is.


There is nothing wrong with what you are saying and I believe it to be spot-on-especially regarding the lack of faith that the Bren tune is worth 20 wheel horsepower more than other companies that have been serving the members of this forum for many years. I've asked several times for Bren to deliver the product to one of our established volunteers to datalog etc so the truth can be established. I am now also willing to pay for those guy's tunes (up to two) if the Bren tune is everything they say and proves superior to Evolve, for example. They say 20whp more.Hey, prove it. Well, it hasn't happened and it should be obvious to all except for the most myopic fanboys why not. Instead of insulting you, and others who have been great contributors to this forum, they should man up and let some of our trusted compadres analyze the tune and right a review balanced by facts rather than butt dyno's.We're asking for what's important to us rather than emotional responses. I am sorry you had to endure this.
If the product is so great, there is no need to insult anyone who is skeptical. We all want the same thing-great products for our cars.

Bill
irishbimmer is offline  
post #167 of 285 Old 10th June 2015, 08:10 PM
jaswu
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
 
jaswu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: New Brunswick, NJ
Age: 27
Posts: 196
Thanks: 11
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
jaswu is offline  
post #168 of 285 Old 10th June 2015, 08:21 PM Thread Starter
damen
Addicted Member (>300 posts)
 
damen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 354
Thanks: 16
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
[QUOTE=tjav8b;5946105]I
I have simply pointed out that I don't think Brens tune will make 20rwhp over another credible companies tune. I didn't say anything bad about the company or Bren.

u claim to not have said anything bad but this comment right here is what most call THROWING SHADE basically taking a jab at a company or product and not have a solid basis.

The 20hp over another tune has been proven, 40hp over stock has been proven. Rather than keep taking jabs at a company or product, just sit back and wait for others to post their results or get the product and post your own results.

We are all here to help each other and me gping out of my way to provide the information to the forum is being totally forgotten. As i said before, i have a 104 octane tune from Bren and i can get 110 octane fuel but there is no way id post the dybo results to the forum bc seeing 500hp hit with a tune would shut the forum down just as it has most in disbelief that i could've gained 54hp over a stock tune as if i have a purpose to lie.

Either get the tune or sit back and watch the rest get it and post results. Enough shade or bad mouthing has been going around enough and it needs to stop.
damen is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to damen For This Useful Post:
alexbigojin (2nd July 2016)
post #169 of 285 Old 10th June 2015, 08:27 PM Thread Starter
damen
Addicted Member (>300 posts)
 
damen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland
Posts: 354
Thanks: 16
Thanked 15 Times in 15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
[/B]

There is nothing wrong with what you are saying and I believe it to be spot-on-especially regarding the lack of faith that the Bren tune is worth 20 wheel horsepower more than other companies that have been serving the members of this forum for many years. I've asked several times for Bren to deliver the product to one of our established volunteers to datalog etc so the truth can be established. I am now also willing to pay for those guy's tunes (up to two) if the Bren tune is everything they say and proves superior to Evolve, for example. They say 20whp more.Hey, prove it. Well, it hasn't happened and it should be obvious to all except for the most myopic fanboys why not. Instead of insulting you, and others who have been great contributors to this forum, they should man up and let some of our trusted compadres analyze the tune and right a review balanced by facts rather than butt dyno's.We're asking for what's important to us rather than emotional responses. I am sorry you had to endure this.
If the product is so great, there is no need to insult anyone who is skeptical. We all want the same thing-great products for our cars.

Bill

Bill PLEASE stop asking Bren to send someone with a competitors tune a free tune to compare. No company would do that so dont expect Bren to do it. If there is ANOTHER tuned car that would like to go to their shop and purchase their tune, im sure Bren would have no problem posting before and after results.

If you have a tune already why dont U be the tester, im sure the forum would love to see your results. And if your willing to pay for the tunes for others to test, make a post looking for 2 volunteers to test the tune out. Im sure if you're paying u will have no problem getting 2 volunteers but dont forget the dyno time dollars either.
damen is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to damen For This Useful Post:
alexbigojin (2nd July 2016)
post #170 of 285 Old 10th June 2015, 08:32 PM
Bucky
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,258
Thanks: 0
Thanked 70 Times in 68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damen View Post
Bill PLEASE stop asking Bren to send someone with a competitors tune a free tune to compare. No company would do that so dont expect Bren to do it. If there is ANOTHER tuned car that would like to go to their shop and purchase their tune, im sure Bren would have no problem posting before and after results.

If you have a tune already why dont U be the tester, im sure the forum would love to see your results. And if your willing to pay for the tunes for others to test, make a post looking for 2 volunteers to test the tune out. Im sure if you're paying u will have no problem getting 2 volunteers but dont forget the dyno time dollars either.
I have a can Evolve Alpha N tune stage 3. Pay for the same tune from Bren and I will book the dyno time and test it.
Anyone else can come and witness the runs.

Put your money where your mouth is.
Bucky is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bren Tuning review drZoom E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 100 17th November 2015 10:39 PM
Another happy Jailbreak Tuning customer (tuning results & video) bwherry E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 13 18th June 2014 12:59 AM
Good 3rd Party Warranties? importrp E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 75 1st February 2013 03:44 AM
Best 3rd party Extended Warranty? rgfinnegan E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 0 29th March 2009 10:35 PM
Are there any 3rd party iPod integrators out there yet? elgreco E63 BMW M6 Forum and BMW M6 Convertible | m6board.com 2 30th November 2006 09:05 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome