So ran into a bit of a pickle with the coding and my DSC module is not being recognized with my programs via OBDII.
I originally removed $203 from my FA in LMA and CAS but I never coded the whole car after those modules, I thought once those two were changed all other modules would automatically be coded. My research leads me to believe that when there is some conflicting Vehicle Orders (VOs) issue like this will arise.
I noticed this issue after installing my 535i DSC unit and trying to code it with NCS Expert but the module was nowhere to be found, I connected my old DXC module and still nothing appeared. Interestingly, I can not get into the DSC unit with NCSE or INPA but I was able to pull some DSC codes one (out of many) of the times I pulled codes from all modules with INPA. My software works just fine with all other modules.
To compound the issue my battery is low my charger isn't able to get the voltage where it needs to be for coding. I am getting a bunch of "COAPI-2021: Datatransmission to ECU disturbed" errors, every few seconds, it will interrupt INPA functions sporadically but when I try to "code car" with my modified VO, the errors pops up after ~10-15 seconds when I am on my 3rd or 4th module. I guess I could code them 1 at a time but I have some 45 modules to get through.
I think once I all the modules are coded with the same VO DSC might be recognizable once again? When going back to my post 14: N54Tech.com - Your Source for International Turbo BMW Racing Discussion - View Single Post - My 535xi Touring is now a 535i Touring: AWD to RWD Conversion
...you can see that my DSC wasn't listed then either, I totally overlooked it. I have pulled the VO from another 535i E60 (Thanks Ocean) to see if there was a DSC specific VO added to RWD cars as maybe mine was somehow included with the $203 (AWD) I removed.
To make things more challenging a low battery can trigger a bunch of ghost codes so I have to pay close attention to which codes are real. I am hoping that once my replacement axle arrives I will be able to get the operational and run it on the freeway to really charge the battery so I complete some uninterrupted coding.
Here is the recent batch of applicable codes:
CDBE Nominal Torque Request
CDAD Request Wheel Torque, Drivetrain, BF
CF34 Message from DSC
511B Faulty Coding
55C3 AWD Malfunction Regulation Activated
CF54 VTG MEssage, Nominal Torque, BB
54C8 VTG Classification Resistor Issue
5EC2 Steering Angle Sensor Plausibility
6DC3 DSC Sensor Adjustment Required
DXC Module removed
535i DSC pump and module separated
In the meantime I took a break from the computer stuff and finally cleaned up the vent hose routing on my expansion tank. I bought a vent hose for a 550i and modified it.
I also pulled my busted axle in anticipation for the replacement.