All things warranty (please post all warranty-related questions here) - Page 12 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 2005- Advertiser's Forum

 25Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #111 of 407 Old 6th March 2013, 06:18 PM
5soko
Moderator
 
5soko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,132
Thanks: 112
Thanked 284 Times in 218 Posts
What is the best price you guys are getting on BMW extended warranty? For extra 3 years, my dealer quoted me something like 6-7K.
I have 2009 with 31K miles on it, still under factory warranty.. I wanted to get something from BMW like 3 years/ 75K miles coverage but felt they were over charging a lot!! Im lookin only for the BMW extended warranty.

Last edited by 5soko; 6th March 2013 at 06:18 PM.
5soko is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #112 of 407 Old 6th March 2013, 07:18 PM
mdyaman
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
mdyaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,999
Thanks: 141
Thanked 338 Times in 259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
What is the best price you guys are getting on BMW extended warranty? For extra 3 years, my dealer quoted me something like 6-7K.
I have 2009 with 31K miles on it, still under factory warranty.. I wanted to get something from BMW like 3 years/ 75K miles coverage but felt they were over charging a lot!! Im lookin only for the BMW extended warranty.
See post #68 in this thread

linked here:
https://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ml#post2441811

The best price is what you can bargain for by getting quotes and pitting different dealers against each other to drive the price down.

Retired: 2006 e46 ///M3 Silver-Gray SMG (sold)

Current: 2008 e60 DINAN
///M5 Interlagos Blue SMG
DINAN 3.91 Differential, Stage 2 Suspension, Free-flow exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
High Flow Air mass meters and intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, RPI Scoops. 12.5mm TMS Spacers.


Last edited by mdyaman; 6th March 2013 at 07:21 PM.
mdyaman is offline  
post #113 of 407 Old 6th March 2013, 07:25 PM
5soko
Moderator
 
5soko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,132
Thanks: 112
Thanked 284 Times in 218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
See post #68 in this thread

linked here:
https://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...ml#post2441811

The best price is what you can bargain for by getting quotes and pitting different dealers against each other to drive the price down.
Thanks for the advice buddy! Much appreciated. Was just wondering if you guys have a certain dealer or place that sells them for a good deal that the forum uses.
5soko is offline  
 
post #114 of 407 Old 6th March 2013, 07:35 PM
mdyaman
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
mdyaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,999
Thanks: 141
Thanked 338 Times in 259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
Thanks for the advice buddy! Much appreciated. Was just wondering if you guys have a certain dealer or place that sells them for a good deal that the forum uses.
You can try calling various dealerships and attempt to deal over the phone, but I think they need your VIN and car key to put the warranty info into BMW's computer. At least they did for mine.

I went to my local dealer initially, then I shopped around. After getting 3-4 quotes, I came back to my local dealer and presented him with the best deal I got. The local dealer matched it, and then even went a bit cheaper. So I got a good deal.

Retired: 2006 e46 ///M3 Silver-Gray SMG (sold)

Current: 2008 e60 DINAN
///M5 Interlagos Blue SMG
DINAN 3.91 Differential, Stage 2 Suspension, Free-flow exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
High Flow Air mass meters and intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, RPI Scoops. 12.5mm TMS Spacers.


Last edited by mdyaman; 6th March 2013 at 07:36 PM.
mdyaman is offline  
post #115 of 407 Old 9th March 2013, 05:45 AM
Tho///a5
Member, P400 Sport, DSC On (>550)
 
Tho///a5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Azusa, CA
Posts: 555
Thanks: 11
Thanked 36 Times in 24 Posts
what are the odds of my 2006 M5 being able to get a warranty for it? It was precertified by BMW when the previous owner bought it. It had literally just ran out of warranty when I bought it. What's my best bet? I heard DBW or Direct Buy Warranty was the biggest POS scam ever. I almost actually bought their warranty because the price was so good. Anyway, I'm interested to know what the best options out there are. Unfortunately I bought the car from a private party and my credit union did not allow me to use their extended warranty plan due to the type of car (high performance blah blah blah). Any help would be appreciated.
Tho///a5 is offline  
post #116 of 407 Old 9th March 2013, 11:45 AM
LJ Martin
Member, P500 Sport, DSC off (>900)
 
LJ Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Marion, Iowa
Posts: 911
Thanks: 184
Thanked 100 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tho///a5 View Post
what are the odds of my 2006 M5 being able to get a warranty for it? It was precertified by BMW when the previous owner bought it. It had literally just ran out of warranty when I bought it. What's my best bet? I heard DBW or Direct Buy Warranty was the biggest POS scam ever. I almost actually bought their warranty because the price was so good. Anyway, I'm interested to know what the best options out there are. Unfortunately I bought the car from a private party and my credit union did not allow me to use their extended warranty plan due to the type of car (high performance blah blah blah). Any help would be appreciated.
A lot depends on how many miles are on the car. The more miles you have your choices drop and the price goes up. There is a member of the board named Bruce who sells them and will be very helpful even if you don't buy a warranty from him. He posted that quite a few company's got burned covering the M5 and will no longer warranty them. I bought a warranty for my 06 that covered it till I hit 75k, it was the top of the line policy and it cost me $2,800 when I had 48k on the car. I tried to extend it when I started to get close to the 75k mark and I could no longer get the top of the line coverage and the price had went up to between 5k and 8k. Don't know if you can go to a BMW dealer and buy coverage or not. If you try make sure that it is the BMW warranty and not another 3rd party warranty unless you have checked up on the company yourself. Like I said run a search for Bruce and PM him. Good luck.
LJ Martin is offline  
post #117 of 407 Old 20th March 2013, 04:56 PM
jdileo
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello everyone,
I'm about to finally make a purchase on a 2007 m6 coupe. Its got 43,000 miles and has an smg transmission, is also covered under BMW cpo warranty until 09/2013. Knowing the common smg problems these cars have, I just wouldn't feel comfortable driving one without warranty. Can anyone recommend a company/provider of an extended warranty (after the cpo has expired) that would cover all components(smg,idrive most importantly) of these vehicles? I'm located in the New York tristate area and am looking for the best possible deal. Thanks guys!
jdileo is offline  
post #118 of 407 Old 20th March 2013, 06:27 PM
atillathetom
Addicted Member (>300 posts)
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 380
Thanks: 4
Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts
atillathetom is offline  
post #119 of 407 Old 20th March 2013, 08:22 PM
Bruce M.
Company Representative for Becks Imports LLC
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Bucks County, PA
Posts: 418
Thanks: 2
Thanked 43 Times in 31 Posts
Jdileo, congrats on the car. Make sure, even though it's CPO, you get it pre-purchase inspected, and check the cosmetics as well (paint/body).

If you call me I can get you some quotes.

Bruce
856-912-2600
Bruce M. is offline  
post #120 of 407 Old 20th March 2013, 11:03 PM
jdileo
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
Jdileo, congrats on the car. Make sure, even though it's CPO, you get it pre-purchase inspected, and check the cosmetics as well (paint/body).

If you call me I can get you some quotes.

Bruce
856-912-2600
Thanks Bruce, it's not mine just yet working on a deal. It is from an Audi dealer it was a cpo trade in. Fingers crossed haha.
jdileo is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
e60 , warranty

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Experiences with Warranty America aftermarket warranty? exigtis4m5(?) E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 25 19th October 2011 01:30 AM
Evaluation of Extended Warranty from Warranty America andrewsherman E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 9 23rd September 2007 06:16 AM
CPO Warranty and things missing BWDukeM5 E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 2 5th February 2007 05:28 AM
Aftermarket extended warranty after BMW warranty expires (US)? boostaddict E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 7 12th January 2007 12:17 AM
Important: Warranty Gold / National Warranty owners greg E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 14 17th November 2003 04:06 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome