Member, P500 Sport, DSC On (>700)
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Rockland County, NY
Thanked 88 Times in 49 Posts
Kees was able to help out with the update.
Cleaned up formatting and added a few more DIYs
The important holes right now are in the regular maintenance schedule.
- Air filter: Inspect every 15,000 miles, replace every 15,000-30,000
- Cabin air filter: Inspect every 15,000 miles, replace every 15,000-30,000
- Spark plugs: every 60,000 miles (stick with OEM)
DIY UPDATE/IMPROVEMENT NEEDED:
- Engine oil/filter: Every 7,500 miles (Castrol TWS Motorsport 10W-60)
- Fuel filter: every 60,000 miles
- Brake fluid: Every 1-2 years
- Engine coolant: Every 2 years (50/50 mix of BMW anti-freeze + distilled water)
- Power steering fluid: every 30,000 miles (Pentosin CHF 11.S)
- Gearbox oil (SMG & 6MT): every 30,000 miles (MTF-LT-2 or Red Line MTL)
- Differential oil: every 30,000 miles (Castrol SAF-XJ or Red Line 75W-140)
- Valve adjustment: every 30,000-60,000 miles
If external sites have good DIYs that would apply for E60 M5s (even if written for E60s in general or even other models), let me know.
2008 ///M5 | Space Gray | Black perforated leather | Aluminum | SMG
M167 wheels, Rogue Engineering exhaust (Section 3), Eibach springs, 12mm front/rear spacers, matte black grill/side gills/trunk badge, painted calipers (black) with ///M decal, body color reflector, 50% 3M tint, V1 hardwire