AUTOBAHN BMW Fort Worth ragged my car and wrecked/totaled it on a test drive! [case now closed - after 16 months...] - Page 175 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 2005- Advertiser's Forum

 144Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 4.78 average. Display Modes
post #1741 of 1905 Old 9th November 2011, 12:36 PM
mdyaman
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
mdyaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: East Coast
Posts: 3,999
Thanks: 141
Thanked 338 Times in 259 Posts
So anyways, back on topic.

Looking forward to more updates!

Retired: 2006 e46 ///M3 Silver-Gray SMG (sold)

Current: 2008 e60 DINAN
///M5 Interlagos Blue SMG
DINAN 3.91 Differential, Stage 2 Suspension, Free-flow exhaust, Stage III Software, Front strut braces,
High Flow Air mass meters and intakes, 13% Underdrive pulley, RPI Scoops. 12.5mm TMS Spacers.

mdyaman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1742 of 1905 Old 9th November 2011, 04:07 PM
LJ Martin
Member, P500 Sport, DSC off (>900)
 
LJ Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Marion, Iowa
Posts: 911
Thanks: 184
Thanked 100 Times in 82 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrisco View Post
I completely understand the equality argument and of the veterans I know, none of them expect to be treated above the average civilian. That being said, it isn't uncommon that they are given breaks or offered things that the average person wouldn't receive -- and there's nothing wrong with them accepting it.

The frustrating part of it all is that those who haven't served and actually experienced the risk and sacrifice firsthand have no concept of what it entails. The policeman and fireman comparisons make that quite obvious...

That being said, I would have expected a moderator to execute better judgment than to push an obvious "hot button" and make a comment that is not only off-topic but nearly promises to derail a thread and cause an uproar of emotion. SMH...

-b.
Sorry.
LJ Martin is offline  
post #1743 of 1905 Old 9th November 2011, 04:46 PM
ttribe
Senior Member (>500)
 
ttribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 526
Thanks: 149
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrisco View Post
That being said, I would have expected a moderator to execute better judgment than to push an obvious "hot button" and make a comment that is not only off-topic but nearly promises to derail a thread and cause an uproar of emotion. SMH...

-b.
This.

Current - 2009 BMW E93 335i - Space Gray Metallic, 6 Spd. Steptronic AT,Cream Beige Dakota Leather,Gray Poplar Trim

Had a 2007 BMW E60 ///M5 - Indianapolis Red, 7 Spd. SMG,
Sepang Merino Leather, Brushed Aluminum Trim,
Mods - Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position Tires, AC Schnitzer (knock-off) Aluminum Racing Pedals, LED License Plate Lights, "M" Logo Caliper Decals, Matte Black Side Grills, Matte Black Kidney Grills,
Weisslicht LED Marker Lights, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Macht Schnell 10mm Spacers, CF Delete, BMC Filters, RPI Scoops, Wesslicht LED Angel Eyes
ttribe is offline  
 
post #1744 of 1905 Old 9th November 2011, 05:05 PM
pondermatic
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Thanks: 3
Thanked 59 Times in 11 Posts
The defense is presenting their evidence today. Earlier they called a witness from a collision repair company who evaluated the car for only 30 minutes. Their repair estimates only included what the tech could see.
pondermatic is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pondermatic For This Useful Post:
bimmersrus (9th November 2011), ttribe (9th November 2011)
post #1745 of 1905 Old 9th November 2011, 05:24 PM
ttribe
Senior Member (>500)
 
ttribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 526
Thanks: 149
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondermatic View Post
The defense is presenting their evidence today. Earlier they called a witness from a collision repair company who evaluated the car for only 30 minutes. Their repair estimates only included what the tech could see.
Weak. I'm guessing Plaintiff's attorney ripped through the witnesses testimony?

Current - 2009 BMW E93 335i - Space Gray Metallic, 6 Spd. Steptronic AT,Cream Beige Dakota Leather,Gray Poplar Trim

Had a 2007 BMW E60 ///M5 - Indianapolis Red, 7 Spd. SMG,
Sepang Merino Leather, Brushed Aluminum Trim,
Mods - Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position Tires, AC Schnitzer (knock-off) Aluminum Racing Pedals, LED License Plate Lights, "M" Logo Caliper Decals, Matte Black Side Grills, Matte Black Kidney Grills,
Weisslicht LED Marker Lights, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Macht Schnell 10mm Spacers, CF Delete, BMC Filters, RPI Scoops, Wesslicht LED Angel Eyes
ttribe is offline  
post #1746 of 1905 Old 9th November 2011, 06:23 PM
pondermatic
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Thanks: 3
Thanked 59 Times in 11 Posts
Presentation of the evidence by the plaintiff and defense is now complete. The trial should be complete tomorrow.
pondermatic is offline  
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to pondermatic For This Useful Post:
MKSixer (9th November 2011), sor118 (9th November 2011), ttribe (9th November 2011)
post #1747 of 1905 Old 9th November 2011, 06:26 PM
ttribe
Senior Member (>500)
 
ttribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 47
Posts: 526
Thanks: 149
Thanked 40 Times in 36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pondermatic View Post
Presentation of the evidence by the plaintiff and defense is now complete. The trial should be complete tomorrow.
That was pretty short for the defense. Interesting.

Thanks for the updates.

Current - 2009 BMW E93 335i - Space Gray Metallic, 6 Spd. Steptronic AT,Cream Beige Dakota Leather,Gray Poplar Trim

Had a 2007 BMW E60 ///M5 - Indianapolis Red, 7 Spd. SMG,
Sepang Merino Leather, Brushed Aluminum Trim,
Mods - Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position Tires, AC Schnitzer (knock-off) Aluminum Racing Pedals, LED License Plate Lights, "M" Logo Caliper Decals, Matte Black Side Grills, Matte Black Kidney Grills,
Weisslicht LED Marker Lights, Eibach Pro-Kit Springs, Macht Schnell 10mm Spacers, CF Delete, BMC Filters, RPI Scoops, Wesslicht LED Angel Eyes
ttribe is offline  
post #1748 of 1905 Old 9th November 2011, 06:46 PM
Bamboali
Member
 
Bamboali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Oslo
Posts: 32
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
30ft of tiremarks o.O
Man this thing got abs right, he must been playing with your car

Bamboali is offline  
post #1749 of 1905 Old 9th November 2011, 06:49 PM
shchow
Member, P500 Sport, MDM on (>800)
 
shchow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Hainesport, New Jersey
Posts: 831
Thanks: 146
Thanked 72 Times in 53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJ Martin View Post
I'm a vet but I don't expect treated any better than anyone else, but the risk your stating doesn't hold water. Some police have never drawn their guns and a fireman may go for months without going to a fire. In war zone being shot at is the norm and what uncle sam gives you for that is not much. If Tommy's lawyer can score some points with that fact more power to her. She is just saying he went above the normal risk to get his car.
Are you suggesting that there is a distinction between a vet that served in an administrative capacity vs someone who faced actual live fire?
So EVERY vet was in a bunker facing a hail of bullets?
I think not...
Not downplaying the sacrifice all vets make, but your argument seems invalid...

Anyway, keenly interested in the outcome of this trial.
I sincerely hope that Tommy gets a brand new F10 M5 out of this...

Shih-han

2014 CTS-V-phantom gray, manual
2010 Escalade ESV-black raven

Prior Rides:
2010 CTS-V-black raven, auto
2008 M5-metallic sapphire black, SMG
2007 MB GL450-black
2004 645Ci-metallic sapphire black, sport pack., SMG
1997 Nissan Maxima-black
1989 Honda CRX-white
shchow is offline  
post #1750 of 1905 Old 9th November 2011, 07:18 PM
pondermatic
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Posts: 16
Thanks: 3
Thanked 59 Times in 11 Posts
The defense's evidence was short because 1) the burden of proof is on the plaintiff, 2) the defense had fewer witnesses, and 3) all they can try to do is poke holes in the case (and I feel that they aren't doing it well).
pondermatic is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pondermatic For This Useful Post:
bimmersrus (9th November 2011), jpasiczn (9th November 2011)
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BMW M3 topspeed test on German Autobahn Gustav E90 M3 Sedan, E92 M3 Coupe, E93 M3 Convertible, E46 M3 and E36 M3, Z4 M and Z4 M Coupe 1 10th June 2011 01:37 AM
E34 For Sale: E34 M5 for sale in Fort Worth, TX. Awesome car! aaronlosey Cars For Sale or Wanted 3 17th July 2010 03:33 AM
Anyone in Fort Worth? buschy E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 3 1st May 2007 04:15 AM
4 months old M5 Totaled HMGT3 E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 38 6th June 2006 10:01 PM
my beast - wrecked and totaled - RIP EMPEROR E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 53 9th January 2006 12:55 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome