I hae nothing useful to add but to say that this car is built heavy with luxury in mind. My steering adjustment is automatic via a button and i am sure that motor weighs a little . Doors are like tank, It's a heavy guage metal, it's there with purpose. Other day i did spark plug change and spark plug covers are at least 5-7 pounds each. Under carriage that protect engine under the car is at least 5 pounds. Transmission cover is about 10 with brackets.
I think if you knit pick, you can lose alot of weight but that would mean that you compromise the driveability of comfort of the car.
I think i am going to stick with muffler deletes for now till people start making more carbon fiber parts for this car that don't cost an arm and a leg.
In this thread someone did seat conversion for $3000. I am rolling on the floor. I know i am cheap but $3000 for front seats.
. Ess tuning supercharger is $4500 just to compare. I am stuck with same delimma as well. I want this car to lose weight but my honda civic days are way behind me. It has to be tasteful and not jeopardize the daily driver.
so for me, these things are out of question.
1. carbon fiber hood ( civic si days are over).
2. carbon fiber trunk (same as above)
3. Battery ( just to summerize this thread, people tried all sort of batteries but they don't work in cold climate CCA's are too low).
4. Muffler delete ( i LIKE THIS ONE)
5. Seats ( i am ok with manual seats as long as they look good but not willing to spend 3K)