Honestly, you're going to replace the CPSs once. Just buy OE. I don't buy the whole "it's the same as OE with logo shaved off" but that's just me, I guess. Electronics, electrics, sensors, I buy OE. I factor in how hard it is to get to the part on the car also. I might take a "risk" and buy another brand if it's a one bolt, top of the engine thing.
Honestly, for the past 15 years working on BMWs, I have never one single time had an issue using an OE part that simply had the BMW logo shaved off, and there's no reason you should have some strange "fear" of this either. It is LITERALLY the same exact part BMW would have sold themselves, but likely had overstock and thus allows the original manufacturer to re-sell the parts, but cannot do this with their logo as that is what proves it is a genuine BMW component (AKA allows them to double charge you).
That being said, FCP clearly states on their website that Original Equipment (OE) Parts: These are the same parts originally supplied to dealerships, except with the dealer logos removed. This is done by manufacturers so the parts can be sold outside the dealer network due to licensing agreements.
and that OEM parts are:
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Parts: These are produced by a manufacturer that supplies at least one OE part to a vehicle manufacturer. OEM parts may not have been original to the car, but are held to higher-quality standards and stringent quality control.
On their website for these alternate CPSs, they are listed as "OEM" which means not shaved logo original parts and that has me sketched a bit as I typically don't use these unless they are an easy to get to item.
So my conundrum is this:
1) My car is not tossing any codes currently
2) My car simply feels "down on power" sometimes at WOT
3) My car is an 03 model with 98,000 miles - unsure if the CPSs were ever changed.
4) So I have no immediate reason to buy these other than my theory that it is impacting the power at WOT, and that they may be the older design.
5) At some point I will need to do a valve cover gasket change, which makes this entire job easier, so I may just deal with it then, but the unknown of this fixing my issue at WOT kills me.
6) I may e-mail FCP and see what exact brand this OEM part is, as there are quite a few reviews on the site that these parts are legit, and not to mention LIFETIME warranty. So if they did not
work for some reason, yes I have to do the job again. Yes that sucks. Yes I have always bought Genuine BMW parts for anything electric as otherwise you typically have issues.
7) There is a significant cost difference between the OEM and Original parts, $306.96 vs $664.32 for Genuine parts!!!!
These are not the good ol $100 a pop they used to be. It's MORE THAN DOUBLE the price for Genuine. Hence my thought to go all in on the Lifetime "OEM" sensors here.