Fully Integrated Bluetooth Solution - Page 6 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 1998-2003 Advertiser's Forum

 23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #51 of 66 Old 9th April 2019, 02:22 AM
Rosie
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Sydney
Posts: 71
Thanks: 3
Thanked 23 Times in 20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
Thanks for the info! I wonder how they can tell a single illumination from many, then. Otherwise, the module is going to be sending the command to flash the turn signals at the same time they're already flashing (when fully depressing the stalk).



I'll have to test this in my car

From the Intravee Forum:-


“RichardP

Posted February 9, 2014
There is a minimum time interval between 'sticky' indicators, it's about 2 seconds. So if you indicate and then indicate again quickly then second indication will only last as long as you hold the stalk. This is for a number of reasons, partially to allow cancelling of the sticky blink by indicating in the opposite direction.
The Intravee can't actually detect when you press the stalk, it can only monitor the bulb state so it needs to know that the indicators have gone off and are not still flashing.”

It may by worth looking at the ibus app - it’s written for Android and “coincidentally” has every single
Extra feature that the Intravee has.
Rosie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 66 Old 10th April 2019, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
t3ddftw
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Age: 28
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
From the Intravee Forum:-


“RichardP

Posted February 9, 2014
There is a minimum time interval between 'sticky' indicators, it's about 2 seconds. So if you indicate and then indicate again quickly then second indication will only last as long as you hold the stalk. This is for a number of reasons, partially to allow cancelling of the sticky blink by indicating in the opposite direction.
The Intravee can't actually detect when you press the stalk, it can only monitor the bulb state so it needs to know that the indicators have gone off and are not still flashing.”

It may by worth looking at the ibus app - it’s written for Android and “coincidentally” has every single
Extra feature that the Intravee has.
Rosie,

Thank you so much, that's extremely helpful! I'll start implementing this functionality on the BlueBus

-Ted
t3ddftw is offline  
post #53 of 66 Old 10th April 2019, 03:31 AM
Beniki
Member, Sport: Off DSC: On (>50 posts)
 
Beniki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 60
Thanks: 7
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
This is brilliant! I wish this was available when I had my E53 - I really missed having BT music streaming and could not find a neat solution that also replaced the OEM BT phone function
Beniki is offline  
 
post #54 of 66 Old 11th April 2019, 12:28 AM
josiahg52
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
 
josiahg52's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: New England
Posts: 3,716
Thanks: 1,251
Thanked 756 Times in 615 Posts
Well, I like what I read here and in the website. Name added to the pre-order. Look forward to the unit.

2/2001 M5, Jet Black, Exclusive Complete Black Walk Nappa Point Heritage Leather, Black Cubic Trim
8/2011 X5 xDrive35d Sport, Black Sapphire Metallic, Black Nevada Leather, Fine Burr Walnut Trim
josiahg52 is online now  
post #55 of 66 Old 11th April 2019, 07:09 AM
Don Incognito
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
 
Don Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 137
Thanks: 50
Thanked 27 Times in 11 Posts
This is great, added my name to the pre-order list. I would replace my Intravee/Factory BT setup for this. +1 on the triple blink integration, too.
Don Incognito is offline  
post #56 of 66 Old 11th April 2019, 07:48 AM Thread Starter
t3ddftw
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Age: 28
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by josiahg52 View Post
Well, I like what I read here and in the website. Name added to the pre-order. Look forward to the unit.
Thanks! I appreciate the support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Incognito View Post
This is great, added my name to the pre-order list. I would replace my Intravee/Factory BT setup for this. +1 on the triple blink integration, too.
Thanks! Funny thing, I just got a loaner Intravee in the mail today, so I get to play around with it and see how it ticks.

Something I haven't announced just yet: I'm going to have to make another PCB revision to iron out some audio bugs. At the same time, I'm looking to see exactly what I need to do in order to fully emulate the factory hands-free Bluetooth. This will mean an additional connector, but it will be worth it. I'm also going to integrate the "Microphone Adapter" to the main PCB, but I'll leave a second mic input for non-OE mics.

In the near future, I'll offer the microphone boards for those who won't have the BlueBus.
t3ddftw is offline  
post #57 of 66 Old 11th April 2019, 09:06 PM
Don Incognito
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
 
Don Incognito's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 137
Thanks: 50
Thanked 27 Times in 11 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ddftw View Post
Thanks! I appreciate the support
Thanks! Funny thing, I just got a loaner Intravee in the mail today, so I get to play around with it and see how it ticks.
Cool, I think you'll enjoy tinkering with it. In addition to iPod control, it has a bunch of great features (as I'm sure you've heard), such as letting you customize the commands sent to the Intravee by all the head unit and steering wheel buttons, and a bunch of extra features like the multi-blink, remote power mirror fold/unfold, data readouts, and more that are described here.

The issue with he Intravee is that it uses a dated iPod control protocol which is too rigid for iPhone usage. The Intravee's settings will always overpower the iPhone itself (for example play/pause, random, etc). My phone also tends to reset to the first song in the library about 90% of the time I plug it into the Intravee. Another problem is that the Intravee messes with BMW Scanner readouts, causing it to return a multitude of false errors as long as the Intravee is plugged into the I-bus.

Quote:
Something I haven't announced just yet: I'm going to have to make another PCB revision to iron out some audio bugs. At the same time, I'm looking to see exactly what I need to do in order to fully emulate the factory hands-free Bluetooth. This will mean an additional connector, but it will be worth it. I'm also going to integrate the "Microphone Adapter" to the main PCB, but I'll leave a second mic input for non-OE mics.
A full emulation of the factory BT that utilizes the green-orange-red LEDs and the radio phone button would be awesome! I like having my factory BT because the radio doesn't need to be on to receive a call, as with other BT adapters. The issue that I have with the factory BT is that it is way too quiet at highway speed; I even tried adjusting the hex volume level settings in the module to no avail.
Don Incognito is offline  
post #58 of 66 Old 12th April 2019, 07:57 PM Thread Starter
t3ddftw
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Age: 28
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Incognito View Post
Cool, I think you'll enjoy tinkering with it. In addition to iPod control, it has a bunch of great features (as I'm sure you've heard), such as letting you customize the commands sent to the Intravee by all the head unit and steering wheel buttons, and a bunch of extra features like the multi-blink, remote power mirror fold/unfold, data readouts, and more that are described here.

The issue with he Intravee is that it uses a dated iPod control protocol which is too rigid for iPhone usage. The Intravee's settings will always overpower the iPhone itself (for example play/pause, random, etc). My phone also tends to reset to the first song in the library about 90% of the time I plug it into the Intravee. Another problem is that the Intravee messes with BMW Scanner readouts, causing it to return a multitude of false errors as long as the Intravee is plugged into the I-bus.



A full emulation of the factory BT that utilizes the green-orange-red LEDs and the radio phone button would be awesome! I like having my factory BT because the radio doesn't need to be on to receive a call, as with other BT adapters. The issue that I have with the factory BT is that it is way too quiet at highway speed; I even tried adjusting the hex volume level settings in the module to no avail.
It's weird that the Intravee causes problems with BMW Scanner. It doesn't directly respond to diagnostic messages (that I have seen), so I wonder what the root cause is there.

Yes, I agree that the factory BT's ability to take calls while the radio is off / not in Bluetooth mode is a huge plus. I believe all I need to do is shove a mono audio channel over the TELNF+ / TELNF- signals and 12v out through the TELON signal to get it working. Well, there's also the IBus side of things, but that won't be too hard to figure out since I have an Everest TCU
t3ddftw is offline  
post #59 of 66 Old 13th April 2019, 03:08 AM
Etfren
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Vancouver, WA
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Excited to see a new option on the market for BT connectivity. Trying to find a GROM or Mediabridge has been troublesome so I've just been using an old school cassette adapter for my Iphone. Sound quality is terrible, but it gets the job done for now.

I also really like the inclusion of triple blink.
Etfren is offline  
post #60 of 66 Old 24th April 2019, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
t3ddftw
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Age: 28
Posts: 30
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Just a small update:

If anyone was wondering how to trigger the blinkers, here's how it works:

Code:
D0 08 BF 5B A0 00 04 08 00 90 // LCM States Driver blinker is on
D0 08 BF 5B 40 00 04 08 00 70 // LCM States Passenger blinker is on
3F 0F D0 0C 00 00 FF 50 00 00 00 80 00 80 80 00 C3 // Diagnostics to LCM: Turn on the Driver blinker
3F 0F D0 0C 00 00 FF 80 00 00 00 80 00 80 80 00 13 // Diagnostics to LCM: Turn on the Passenger blinker
D0 03 3F A0 4C // LCM Acknowledges
D0 08 BF 5B 40 00 04 08 00 70 // LCM States Passenger blinker is on
D0 08 BF 5B 40 00 04 08 00 70 // LCM States Passenger blinker is on
D0 08 BF 5B 40 00 04 08 00 70 // LCM States Passenger blinker is on
D0 08 BF 5B 40 00 04 08 00 70 // LCM States Passenger blinker is on
D0 08 BF 5B 40 00 04 08 00 70 // LCM States Passenger blinker is on
3F 03 D0 9F 73 // Diagnostics to LCM: Turn off the passenger blinker
There still needs to be some logic wrapped around this functionality. For starters, we need to be able to cancel the sticky blinkers and we need to make sure that we don't trigger the message if the blinkers are on at "full" time.
t3ddftw is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
a2dp , bluetooth , ibus

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Most cost effective bluetooth solution, tcu/ulf or aftermarket? nightkrawler E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 35 27th December 2011 11:32 PM
Solution to issues with Bluetooth and WM5.0! (JetWare software) spatterso E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 51 20th April 2007 02:53 PM
BMW technical bulletin regarding Bluetooth issues cobradav E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 0 14th July 2006 02:17 AM
fully integrated bluetooth bluebmw E60 M5 and E61 M5 Touring Discussion 19 29th July 2004 01:54 AM
Confirmed - Bluetooth phone for MY03 andrewe E90 M3 Sedan, E92 M3 Coupe, E93 M3 Convertible, E46 M3 and E36 M3, Z4 M and Z4 M Coupe 0 21st August 2002 02:32 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome