As we all know style 65 is officially NLA and this it looks this style will be soon too - Page 3 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 1998-2003 Advertiser's Forum

 23Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
post #21 of 45 Old 6th March 2019, 06:13 AM
KevinM
M5 Expert (>4000)
 
KevinM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 4,025
Thanks: 733
Thanked 477 Times in 409 Posts
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by offroadkarter View Post
Style 37's are my favorite BMW wheel by far, they look good on damn near any 5, 6 or 7 series from the 80's to the early 00's (Don't like them on 3's, it's a big car wheel)

I had e38 offset style 37's on my e23 and loved them. I'd run them on the M5 if it didn't make the car look like a 540i.

If I pick up a e39 beater I'll probably get another used set.
Nice! Do you still have the E23? What a classic.

Kevin

2016 F80 M3, Mineral Grey/Golden Brown/6MT - ED delivery 6/3/2016 http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1291837
2002 M5, Sterling Gray/Caramel
2007 Z4M Coupe Silver Gray/Black
1999 Mercedes ML320 (hauler...)
Too many kids' cars...
KevinM is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 45 Old 6th March 2019, 06:19 AM
offroadkarter
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
 
offroadkarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: NJ
Age: 27
Posts: 151
Thanks: 0
Thanked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinM View Post
Nice! Do you still have the E23? What a classic.
So funny story, I actually bought that 745i from the former owner of my M5, @BONDOSPECIAL This past april I bought my M5 w/ cash + said e23 + a bunch of parts, so he ended up getting the 745i back.

The body needed too much on that car (rust + dents), the wiring was also hacked up from a prior owner, it's since been parted out with some stuff sold and some being used to rebuild this car. The full TCD Stage 3 turbo kit w/ Cartech W2A intercooler will be going in, as well as the 5spd Getrag swap and euro M535i 3.07 LSD I had installed on the 745i.



Was a fun car to rip around in with the manual trans + factory turbo and it got a lot of attention anywhere I drove it, but the M5 was more than worth the trade.

2000 E39 M5 Carbon Black Evolve CAI / Evolve Alpha-N / Stoptech ST40 BBK / UUC SSK / Dinan front STB / Dinan RSB

2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
2004 Mercury Marauder
2003 Mercury Marauder
1996 Ford Bronco
offroadkarter is offline  
post #23 of 45 Old 7th March 2019, 09:09 PM
Tarnjot
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Fairfield CA
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
talking Link to wheels

Hey, I wanted to purchase a set of M Pars a square set 18x9 for my M5. I looked on the website you said you got them from but I couldn't find them at all. Any chance you could get me the direct link to them? Thanks!
Tarnjot is offline  
 
post #24 of 45 Old 8th March 2019, 01:43 AM Thread Starter
BWM
Addicted Member (>300 posts)
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: TN
Posts: 323
Thanks: 31
Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarnjot View Post
Hey, I wanted to purchase a set of M Pars a square set 18x9 for my M5. I looked on the website you said you got them from but I couldn't find them at all. Any chance you could get me the direct link to them? Thanks!
When I ordered my 2 they said there was 20 left in US so hopefully there is at least 4 left for you now. You can also send them a message or chat to verify if they have them in stock.
Here is the direct link:
https://www.bmwpartshub.com/oem-part...10-36112229640
BWM is offline  
post #25 of 45 Old 13th March 2019, 01:02 AM
Tarnjot
Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: Fairfield CA
Posts: 6
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWM View Post
When I ordered my 2 they said there was 20 left in US so hopefully there is at least 4 left for you now. You can also send them a message or chat to verify if they have them in stock.
Here is the direct link:
https://www.bmwpartshub.com/oem-part...10-36112229640

Thank you so much for the link, ill get in contact with them!
Tarnjot is offline  
post #26 of 45 Old 13th March 2019, 02:18 AM
DaveinGigHarbor
Member, Sport: On DSC: On (>100 posts)
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Gig Harbor, WA
Posts: 161
Thanks: 9
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Garage
Saw an E39 M5 here in town yesterday with M-Pars. While I love M-Pars and thought about a square set of rears for my M5, it looked just a bit wrong to me. I thought it was a 540/M-Sport, and when I stopped to take a look, saw that it was an M5. That is just my opinion and on just one car. The wheels are lighter than the Style 65, which makes it a smart move performance wise.

2000 BMW M5, Anthracite with Heritage black leather
2008 Audi RS4 Cabriolet, Datona Gray with silver leather
2017 Chevy Silverado, my economy car!!!
1999 528iT, black/black, 212k miles. The Black Rat
2002 540iA, Silver with black leather


Gone but not forgotten:
2000 BMW 540/6 - Silver
2000 BMW 540/5 - Blue
2002 BMW 540/6 - Grey
2001 BMW 525it/auto
2001 BMW 525i/auto
DaveinGigHarbor is offline  
post #27 of 45 Old 27th March 2019, 05:14 PM
ND4SPDLSC
Member, Sport: On DSC: Off
 
ND4SPDLSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 238
Thanks: 25
Thanked 24 Times in 23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWM View Post
When I ordered my 2 they said there was 20 left in US so hopefully there is at least 4 left for you now. You can also send them a message or chat to verify if they have them in stock.
Here is the direct link:
https://www.bmwpartshub.com/oem-part...10-36112229640
Did you notice any rubbing or fitment issues in the rear if your car has the stock sport suspension, stock fender liners, standard bumper cover, and 265/35/18 tires? I'm asking because the M5 got a different liner and rolled fenders and fitting the wheels to my 540iA is really tempting. Thanks in advance!
ND4SPDLSC is offline  
post #28 of 45 Old 3rd April 2019, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
BWM
Addicted Member (>300 posts)
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: TN
Posts: 323
Thanks: 31
Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ND4SPDLSC View Post
Did you notice any rubbing or fitment issues in the rear if your car has the stock sport suspension, stock fender liners, standard bumper cover, and 265/35/18 tires? I'm asking because the M5 got a different liner and rolled fenders and fitting the wheels to my 540iA is really tempting. Thanks in advance!
As long as you're on stock suspension or Bilstein B6 with stock springs (my setup) the wheels won't rub.
18x9 OEM (not aftermarket ones) M Par wheels with 26535/18 tries are the factory setup that came on 03 M Sport 540 but will fit any E39 M5 as long as you stick with 2 setups mentioned above.
I'm sure some other suspension setups may fit but I have no experience with them.
Obviously, if you go with aftermaket wheels with different offset then there is no guarantees.

2003 BMW M5 Blue Water Metallic
VDO oil pressure gauge * ZHP weighed shifter * Euro leather armrest * Spal electric fan * Bilstein B6 (stock springs retained) struts and shocks * Supersprint headers, HJS cats, X pipe, Vibrant Performance resonators, Supersprint Magnum mufflers and all new SS T304 Vibrant Performance mandrel bend tubing.

2003 BMW X5 4.6is Saphire Black Metallic
1997 BMW 528iA Alpine White
BWM is offline  
post #29 of 45 Old 6th May 2019, 07:45 PM
Trizzuth
Member, P500, DSC On (>600)
 
Trizzuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Masshole
Posts: 615
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 33 Posts
Garage
So after salivating over this thread and thinking about my options to replace my winter wheels, which are currently some style 5 chinese replicas, I finally decided on what to do..

I have a friend who runs M Parallel's on his E39 530i and I didn't want to be the same, so I started looking hard at Style 32's. ECS, Turner and Tischer all had them in stock, but only the 18 x 9's, and it appears that they would fit the M5 ok, but Tischer would not guarantee as they can only guarantee an OE setup according to the catalogue.

I went outside and measured clearance to front strut and fender and think I will be OK with a few mm to spare close to the strut. If I am not ok, I can fix this with a small spacer, no problem. Found a website that calculates fitment and going from the stock Style 65 18 x 8 front ET 22 to the Style 32 18 x 9 ET24, I'd be getting the following results:

* Wheel will be 17mm closer to strut, tire will be 14mm closer
* Wheel will be 9mm closer to the fender, tire will be 6mm closer to fender

Order placed, going to take some time as they are coming directly from Germany. Approx $1200 shipped, out the door to my home, Excited!!!

New (old): 2003 E39 M5 TiAG
Old: 2001 E46 330i Steel-Grey Metallic (Totalled)
Trizzuth is offline  
post #30 of 45 Old 7th May 2019, 02:57 AM Thread Starter
BWM
Addicted Member (>300 posts)
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: TN
Posts: 323
Thanks: 31
Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trizzuth View Post
So after salivating over this thread and thinking about my options to replace my winter wheels, which are currently some style 5 chinese replicas, I finally decided on what to do..

I have a friend who runs M Parallel's on his E39 530i and I didn't want to be the same, so I started looking hard at Style 32's. ECS, Turner and Tischer all had them in stock, but only the 18 x 9's, and it appears that they would fit the M5 ok, but Tischer would not guarantee as they can only guarantee an OE setup according to the catalogue.

I went outside and measured clearance to front strut and fender and think I will be OK with a few mm to spare close to the strut. If I am not ok, I can fix this with a small spacer, no problem. Found a website that calculates fitment and going from the stock Style 65 18 x 8 front ET 22 to the Style 32 18 x 9 ET24, I'd be getting the following results:

* Wheel will be 17mm closer to strut, tire will be 14mm closer
* Wheel will be 9mm closer to the fender, tire will be 6mm closer to fender

Order placed, going to take some time as they are coming directly from Germany. Approx $1200 shipped, out the door to my home, Excited!!!
Great choice! I bought a brand new set some years ago when I had 540. I ran factory setup 18x8 and 18x9. They look so classy on E39 in 18" size. Few pictures of my car when I had it, post #8
https://www.bimmerforums.com/forum/s...ing-Style-32-s

2003 BMW M5 Blue Water Metallic
VDO oil pressure gauge * ZHP weighed shifter * Euro leather armrest * Spal electric fan * Bilstein B6 (stock springs retained) struts and shocks * Supersprint headers, HJS cats, X pipe, Vibrant Performance resonators, Supersprint Magnum mufflers and all new SS T304 Vibrant Performance mandrel bend tubing.

2003 BMW X5 4.6is Saphire Black Metallic
1997 BMW 528iA Alpine White
BWM is offline  
Reply

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Linear Mode Linear Mode
Rate This Thread:



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome