Figured Iíd provide an update, seems to make for interesting content for us ancient car lovers...
Iíll go back to a few months ago and catch up.
Finally got around to fixing the leaking washer pump in the wheel well, which scope creeped to wheel liner detailing and Dinan air filter changes...
Then I was able to replace the noise SAP.
Which also scope creeped into replacing the wiper sprayer nozzle hose because it cracked, first buying the wrong harness setup, then the correct one.
Which lead to discovering failing firewall plastic...
And then, I had a chance to fix the orientation of the hood release lever, which was dirty.
After getting the car fully sorted, and doing the coolant system except tstat, the tstat died. During reinstall the water pump casting broke, so new pump housing and tstat from Fcp went in.
During the install, while my buddy was doing it, I noticed the rubber grommets on the valve cover gasket were cracking. So I determined to replace them, all of them. Armed with dozens of new rubber grommets I set out to unpeel the components in my way:
Lid of airbox
30 heavy duty bolts that hold down the plenum to the throttle bodies
The oil vent drain lines
Air intake clamps
And then the fun began. Removal was pretty simple until you get to the back.
This project took me over 2.5 weeks to complete, I took my time. It was easy but overly complicated for what it was.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk