With interior pretty much finished, I switched my attention to the exterior. Paint was in great condition overall, but there were few scratches, chips, scrapes, and other small imperfections. Hood and front bumper were repainted 8 years ago (they did a good job, but they did it with material that were available 8 years ago), and both needed a good paint correction.
I will not show the entire process of taping the car and going through multiple steps to prep the paint for correction, as it is a rather time consuming process, and leaves little time for taking pictures. I have taped parts that I didnít want compounds to get into with good quality painters masking tape (bad tape leaves adhesive residue):
I have done detailing on many cars and lately been using Chemical Guys polishing compounds and pads with great results.
Used my TORQ orbital and orange cutting pads with #32 compound first, followed by #36 and black pad, and then #38/white pad. Sealed with Zaino wax. Will take picture of the whole car when weather is nice (raining now!)
Once paint correction has been done I decided to see if I could bring polish headlight covers a bit Ė they were not bad by any stretch, just needing a good cleanup and polish.
Masked off the headlights
Chemical guys plastic polishing compound followed by #38 on orange pad
And they are looking better. Not like new, but good enough for the 17-year old original headlights.
Still waiting on few parts to arrive to do some under-the-hood work!