Next I wanted to address the porkchops, both of mine were busted by previous owners. Didn’t look kosher. But looking at the current OEM prices for these parts, almost had a heart attack. $265 + shipping each? No thank you. WTF?
So, after weighting my alternatives and my budget, I ordered some from Latvia on eBay and they showed up over the weekend.
They looked ok, and as a bonus had brake ducts already cut... but they were missing the rubber pieces on the sides. For $55 shipped for both I was not about to complain, but decided to modify these a little bit. Quick trip to home depot for some supplies:
I drilled out the rivets on the old pieces and separated the rubbers. I cut of the piece where the rubber was attached from the old chop and used it as a guide to drill the holes in the new one. Then it was easy – slightly drill out the rivet stem, then just screw the rubber to the liner with the screws and some lock washers. Bingo.
Looked just fine from the other side as well, though it required a bit of massaging to make it fit right and take shape of the bumper.
The fit of the pieces is not very good, but with some work and a bit of cutting here and there you can make them fit rather decent.
These worked fine after reworking them for a couple of hours, but I’m sure I bust them at some point in the future, and when that happens, I’m going with OEM pieces. Hopefully the prices come back down to earth by then.