I felt it would be a bit worthwhile to cross post this since alot have inquire about using DJ auto lens on their cars.
I had received some US spec headlights for experimenting. Lenses were trash and adjusters were long gone, in addition to being 2003 permasealed, not much hope was out there for them aside from a nice looking trash can or $$$ in repairing and cross country shipping
Lo and behold, they fell into my lap and i decided to see what crazy things I could do.
The plan for these lights was DJ auto euro spec lenses and new adjusters, along with a butyl based sealant so they can be baked open in the future if desired.
Overall the project was a success, right now I have them on the car for rain / moisture testing of the sealant. As for the DJ auto lens itself, I'd give it an A- in fit and finish. looks great, the side rubber gasket is a bit stretchy, but that may be because it's brand new vs the 13 year old ones on my normal set. I could also do without the top circle cap, but nothing wrong with it otherwise, just personal preference.
How I got them...Not too good
The lens itself was demelled off...It was about 30 disks between the two lights, and a couple facial near misses from exploding ones
Free'd from 2003 spec hell! Not shown, but cleaning the channels of the left over sealant was pretty fun! I had made a few mess ups by splitting the outer housing from using too much force, but it was nothing my trim refurbing experience couldn't fix/reinforce.
The ugly old adjusters.
New adjusters and butyl sealant... apparently not that easy to find in the US.
Cleaned up the outer housings and all rubber gaskets.
All Finished! I'm not gona lie, applying this butyl (in a 90 degree room) was hell! It is much more stringy and hard to work with. I ended up using a bit too much butyl, but it was in the name of being 100% leak proof. I also permanently sealed the top circular cover since it's dang near useless and only opens the door to potential issues.
A nice before / after
Now for installed pics.