Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: San Francisco South Bay
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New e39 m5 owner
Just purchased a 2001 e39 m5 to replace an e46 330Ci. Came here to say hi.
The e46 was my fun car for but was getting annoying to maintain. So for years I was toying with the idea of getting another expensive-to-maintain-but-fun German car, like an e46/e90 M3 or 996/997. Not sure why the e39 M5 didn't pop up on my radar until recently, but here I am. Could be YouTube videos of the e39's V8 and talk of the e39 m5 going up in value.
- Phenomenal performance and value
- This car is unexpectedly quiet. Mine is 100% stock.. everyone other m5 on the road must have modified exhausts.
- Steering wheel looks really familiar
- Can re-use my 330Ci's Thule roof rack?!
- What's up with the door tweeters that aren't?