Junior Member, warming up (<31 posts)
Join Date: Oct 2018
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm the original owner of a '93 M5 with 56.7k miles. Recently posted a question about potential value but apparently the moderator didn't like it.
My list of best things about the M5:
1. The feeling of total control and world domination on the road.
2. The silky gear shifts.
3. The sound, especially full throttle going up a hill in a canyon with the windows open.
4. The steering feedback makes you feel connected to the road like nothing I've ever driven.
5. Knowing you have a product which is IMHO the pinnacle of quality performance.
6. It makes me smile every time I get in it!
When I bought my M5 new in April 1993, a "free" 3-day trip to Germany was included for a visit to the Motorsport factory in Garching including meeting the guy who assembled my unit, then driving the (then) new M3 to Nurburgring for driver training and two trips around the track, once as a passenger and once as the driver. That was an experience I recall every time I fire it up.
P.S. I'm considering selling and wonder which of the following you guys recommend? (If the moderator doesn't delete me again).