The E34 M5 Touring Registry! - Page 6 - BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums
E34 M5 Discussion 1988-1995 Sedan and Touring

 115Likes
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 4.33 average.
Old 3rd July 2004, 08:44 PM
M5touring reg
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
 
M5touring reg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,058
Thanks: 54
Thanked 75 Times in 59 Posts
Re: 1932 has a new home!

Hi Greg !
Yes, the ex-Ron Wallace-car is in the register. Good to learn that it got
a new home and a well caring owner. Yes, I cud sent you an e-mail with the
build-sheet but wud need your e-mail-number as I can not sent attachments
thru this forum -

brgds
Karl
-


Quote:
Originally Posted by BreakerBacker
This car is accounted for I am sure. It is one of the Orinoco Metallic cars that were produced towards the end of the run. This car was imported by Ron Wallace in '01 and sold in Nov. '03 to Barnabas Brown with about 69k miles on it. At that point the car needed new struts up front and tires, and there was talk about a coil over kit or some after market stuff being fitted onto this vehicle. Luckily Barnabas never pulled the trigger on that kit. In fact he just drove it, bouncing around like a hoopty and thats about it. Pretty scary to drive like this I should add. The car will now begin receiving some new factory replacement parts, as it has been treated somewhat like a stepchild for the past year.

Good news is the compression test was good, 140X4 & 138X2. I know these sound low, but this test was performed at an elevation of 7500 ft. above sea level. Leak down was good to with 4%, 4%, 5%, 4%, 6%, 7%. Interior was in great shape, just a touch dry. Paint is OK, as it has spent 2 or 3 winters in Colorado. Other than those initial observations, needs a new guibo and some time in the garage out of the elements.

Is it possible for you to email me with information that you have on this car. Original service stuff from Germany made it with the car, but the build sheet and other docs. Ron received from you has been lost. This would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Greg

Karl / Global E34 M5touring Registry
M5touring reg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 26th August 2004, 08:28 PM
Simonal
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Simonal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,872
Thanks: 41
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Re: The E34 M5 Touring Registry!

Hi although I have often read the postings on this site I have not yet contributed, but I hope to remedy this now.

This weekend I going to look at three Touring's - 2 in the UK and one abroad. Hoping by next week to proudly announce that I have a car and to get a chassis number build sheet from Karl.

I do however have a couple of questions are there any addtional problems that I should be looking out for when buying a Touring, two of the ones I am looking at are 95 6 speed models, one in this British Racing Green with Tobacco hide (Called an Electra model from Italy by the dealer). The other one is an Avus Blue model with by all accounts a very full spec for which I have the chassis number.

Any help would be welcome as I would like to make an informed choice, BTW I have read all the articles and books regarding the normal things to look out for so am looking for Touring specific infomation.

Thanks

Simon
Simonal is offline  
Old 26th August 2004, 08:35 PM
Rob Levinson
m5board.com Site Sponsors
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: GA
Age: 50
Posts: 619
Thanks: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 12 Posts
Re: The E34 M5 Touring Registry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonal
...BTW I have read all the articles and books regarding the normal things to look out for so am looking for Touring specific infomation.

Simon
Make sure the car has two more pieces of glass than the standard sedan.

Aside from that, the only maintenance/reliability difference is the dual sunroofs (if equipped). These can be problematical. Make sure they work and go through all the position combinations and permutations.

To get an idea of how complicated the sunroofs are, they have their own repair manual that is the size of a medium-volume phone book.

M5 Tourings without sunroofs have about 2" more headroom and less weight up top.

- Rob
Rob Levinson is offline  
 
Old 26th August 2004, 10:47 PM
M5touring reg
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
 
M5touring reg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,058
Thanks: 54
Thanked 75 Times in 59 Posts
The E34 M5 Touring Registry!

sometimes there is an issue with the wiring loom for the back-door resulting
in false error-msgs, roof rails can have bubbles which is common -
-
the 'so called' Elekta-cars are NOT a special car except for the colour and interior, there is nothing special with it other than that they are all 'Italy-version-cars' and there4 possibly have all dash-wordings in Italian -
-
for the pre-history of a car (provided it is in the registry which presently holds
facts for abt 320 cars out of the 891 built) I wud need the resp. VIN -
'good hunting' and tell us the news

Karl / Global E34 M5touring Registry
M5touring reg is offline  
Old 27th August 2004, 12:04 AM
Simonal
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Simonal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,872
Thanks: 41
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Re: The E34 M5 Touring Registry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5touring reg
sometimes there is an issue with the wiring loom for the back-door resulting
in false error-msgs, roof rails can have bubbles which is common -
-
the 'so called' Elekta-cars are NOT a special car except for the colour and interior, there is nothing special with it other than that they are all 'Italy-version-cars' and there4 possibly have all dash-wordings in Italian -
-
for the pre-history of a car (provided it is in the registry which presently holds
facts for abt 320 cars out of the 891 built) I wud need the resp. VIN -
'good hunting' and tell us the news
Thanks for the information from both of you it will be very useful...I liked the bit about the extra glass I am not sure I would have caught that....

I have one vin plate which ends 01824.

If you have time I would appreciate a build sheet and details if you have any.

Thanks again

Simon
Simonal is offline  
Old 27th August 2004, 09:55 AM
M5touring reg
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
 
M5touring reg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,058
Thanks: 54
Thanked 75 Times in 59 Posts
Re: The E34 M5 Touring Registry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonal
Thanks for the information from both of you it will be very useful...I liked the bit about the extra glass I am not sure I would have caught that....
I have one vin plate which ends 01824.
If you have time I would appreciate a build sheet and details if you have any.
Thanks again
Simon
-
BL01824 -avusblau-met. - prod.date 21.12.1994 - EZ 20.02.1995 - last
location on record = germany - for more details I wud hv to check the
vehicle-file at home, to send you a build-sheet I wud need a valid e-mail-
address -
-
good luck !

Karl / Global E34 M5touring Registry
M5touring reg is offline  
Old 27th August 2004, 10:10 AM
Simonal
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Simonal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,872
Thanks: 41
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Re: The E34 M5 Touring Registry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5touring reg
-
BL01824 -avusblau-met. - prod.date 21.12.1994 - EZ 20.02.1995 - last
location on record = germany - for more details I wud hv to check the
vehicle-file at home, to send you a build-sheet I wud need a valid e-mail-
address -
-
good luck !
Thanks I will send you my email address and I shall keep you all informed of search and progress
Simonal is offline  
Old 6th September 2004, 11:37 PM
Simonal
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Simonal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,872
Thanks: 41
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Re: The E34 M5 Touring Registry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonal
Thanks I will send you my email address and I shall keep you all informed of search and progress
Well I got one an Avus Blue 95 3.8 6 speed and I love it .

I will post some pictures when I get a chance.

Thanks for all the information.

Simon

PS Karl any luck with the build sheet??
Simonal is offline  
Old 9th September 2004, 10:24 AM
M5touring reg
M5 Guru (>2000 posts)
 
M5touring reg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,058
Thanks: 54
Thanked 75 Times in 59 Posts
Re: The E34 M5 Touring Registry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simonal
Well I got one an Avus Blue 95 3.8 6 speed and I love it .
I will post some pictures when I get a chance.
Thanks for all the information.
Simon
PS Karl any luck with the build sheet??
-
is that the -avusblau- ex TRADECAR ??
did you send your e-mail-address ??
(I hv presently an even larger back-log of e-mails etc., I participated in the 'M5-tour de Alpes 2004' and hv there4 been away for a week, also yesterday my -internet- did not work at home)
brgds
Karl

Karl / Global E34 M5touring Registry
M5touring reg is offline  
Old 10th September 2004, 09:52 PM
Simonal
m5board.comoholic (>1000 posts)
 
Simonal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 1,872
Thanks: 41
Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
Re: The E34 M5 Touring Registry!

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5touring reg
-
is that the -avusblau- ex TRADECAR ??
did you send your e-mail-address ??
(I hv presently an even larger back-log of e-mails etc., I participated in the 'M5-tour de Alpes 2004' and hv there4 been away for a week, also yesterday my -internet- did not work at home)
brgds
Karl
Hi Karl

Thanks for the reply yes it was the one from TRADECAR will be having it looked at by my engineer. So far the car seems in good condition. I will send you another private message through the site.

Thanks Simon
Simonal is offline  
 

Bookmarks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
IMPORTANT FOR E34 M5 OWNERS! Old M5 Messageboard Archive. Help Needed! Gustav E34 M5 Discussion 10 17th June 2010 04:19 AM
BMW M5 culture over the net Rodrigo Feher E39 M5 and E52 Z8 Discussion 8 22nd December 2003 01:04 AM
E34 M5 owners weekend (5 till 8 September 2003) raymondw Regional Forums and Events and group meetings for M5, M6 and Alpina owners 5 28th September 2003 08:32 AM
Potential M5 newbie asks a lot of questions. Verschuur E34 M5 Discussion 3 22nd August 2002 11:12 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome