Wow, especialy the engine.
More torque than the S62!
May ask more info how the engine is built ,also maybe a torque/hp dyno curve so i can drool
The motor started out as a 3.8 liter Dinan stroker that had about 100 K mi on it. I had it dyno'd at about 330 crank HP (from 287 HP stock). It was using oil so I needed it rebuilt. When I went to Dinan Engineering I was shocked to find they refused to rebuild my motor, even though they built the original. In case you don't know much about the Dinan motor, they took the original M88 Euro 3.5 liter motor and bored it to 3.8 Liter in combination with a custom built crank and custom pistons. It also used a special EEPROM in the ECU. One of the main reasons Dynan refused to rebuild had to do with the custom pistons, which were too expensive to procure, esp in + sizes needed for a bore honing or repair. It was designed for a 9.5 CR so it could use pump gas without detonation problems.
Since Dinan could not help me, I went to Frank Fahey. He is a very well known shop that catered to early 80's M cars. He Federalized (did the DOT and EPA certification) for many gray market M cars including the M1. He also owns his own modified M1. He invented the well known hardened crank hub pulley that fixed the OEM crank hub stripping problem at high RPM.
I contacted Frank and he told me he could bore my motor to 4.0 liters and get nearly 400 HP, and with that Dinan stroker crank, 400 ft-lbs of torque. He had just completed an E34 M5 and they got dyno numbers over these. Pretty exciting numbers so I decided to have him do the work.
We pulled the motor apart and found appaling wear in the main bearings (due to my exclusive use of Mobil 1). Frank warned me that oil is garbage and I have the bearing wear to prove it. We also found eccentricity in the bore of the cylinders (a Dinan screw up) as well as cracks in the block (another Dinan defect). The motor was completely torn down and blue printed. Frank installed his custom pistons (I think built by Mahle) and we put in new con rods as well. Frank can fill you in with more details. He is particularly anal about the bore circularity which results in very low (under 1 or 2%) leak down rates. The leak down rate of the Dinan stroker was over 30% in some cylinders. The final compression was about 10.1:1.
We also put in Shrick exhaust cams (leaving intake stock) and a UNICHIP aux ECU. This is an "add on" computer that is used in parallel with the Euro stock ECU. It has the capability to provide more fuel than the stock ECU can provide and is tuned on the dyno.
The car is in CA, so it had to be "smog legal" meaning it had to be clean enough to pass tough CA emissions measurements with a cat equipped. The SS tubular Euro headers were retained, but the flanges modified to fit the US M6 cats. When not using the cats, a track pipe (for off road use only) fits between the headers and the US center resonator/exhaust combo. I use a fully US exhaust system so I can bolt up the cats. The only issue I have is the tail pipe tips are not quite centered in the Euro rear M Technic valence.
I have the dyno charts somewhere but it was some time ago when the work was completed. As you can imagine, 375 HP with 400+ ft-lbs of torque really make this 3300 lb car scoot. It is extremely fast between 80 and about 130 MPH. Surprises a lot of E39 M5 owners.