BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw um in Bav auto, aprently they are not far from me up in Mooresville NC...Which is enough to make me run.

But these things are awesome, if you get the chance check um out, made from titanium to be real light, they have a "slotted" setup that is acually drilled out so instead of a slot or drill or both, it's a long slot that is drilled out...Hope that made sence. :)

Not made for the m5 only the M3 but real cool looking, dont' know about how good they would be but a great look and nice weight savings to say the least. 1/3 weight savings for the m3.

www.zmibrakes.com

·
Registered
644 Posts
Very cool stuff!
I had a lengthy conversation with them a few months ago, they actually do make a kit for the M5, the kit they list for the 540 was actually designed for the M5. They are also willing to do custom finishes with a little less "flash" for those interested. Very knowledgeable folks, a lot of their work surrounds corvettes, and vipers. It’s hard to be the guinea pig, but I’ve given it some serious thought.

-Audio

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
http://bavauto.com/shop.asp

this should show um too, if not just use 2003 bmw 540i and zmi brakes as serch ques and it will bring um up so you can at least see um.

By the way they are also

8,000 bucks................front and rear of course :)

So yeah just a bit more than the other kits.

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
These brakes were used on some of the cars in the Car and Driver ultimate car shootout...and they were said to be not as good as conventional iron/steel ones for their heat conductivity is not that great. I saw these a week after bav auto posted them and while they look great and weigh almost nothing...they are really not that great for anything mroe than spirited driving. If you want lightweight and good braking...try the stoptechs or the ultimate, the Lemans Brembo's

1 - 5 of 5 Posts