BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

You will just have to believe what I am about to share because I was there and I can hardly believe it.

I was in the dealership yesterday (Crevier BMW). They had a new Z8 on the showroom floor. It was not for sale, but they were taking bids on it. The salesperson stated that they believe it would go for $300k +!

Now the Z8 is a very nice looking car and very fast with the M5 engine taking up space under the hood, but $300k?! 200 to 300 will be produced for four years and production is due to stop at that point.

I believe I will keep my "economy" minded M5. In fact I belive we got a relative bargin based on these kinds of prices here.

Please do not tell me how absurd the prices are here because we are all aware of it. BTW, they are still selling used M5s with two to five thousand miles for $85k.

Isn't life great if your in the market to sell every six months. I am and as hard as it is to believe, it really works here!

Only in Southern (and maybe Northern) California.

Mark

·
Moderator Emeritus
10,698 Posts
from the best of my information that number represents the current *market* price for a Z8. believe it or not one or two have sold north of 600k. Im not condoning it but thats where it is.

if you really want a Z8, I have read that BMW is close to doubling the next batch of US allocation. that is- they arent making any more Z8s than planned, but the amount coming here will be more. it might cool the prices off just a little. if youre in the market for it, good luck.

ME

·
Registered
216 Posts
From the dealership, they were saying this year's allocation is 400.
And they said, only 350 will be made for next year's North American market and that is it! Z8 will be history.
But then again, dealers have proven themselves not trustworthy plus even $300K for a production count of 750 car is way too good a deal to be true.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Wow, I didn't think the Z8 was worth MSRP, I still don't. You can get a lot more car with the M5. Anyone who pays that much over MSRP is insane, I will wager that in two years you will be able to purchase a new one at MSRP and a used one significantly cheaper.

I think I would take that money and buy an F40, I guarantee that will hold its value much better.

------------------
'00 BMW M5
'00 Westfield Seight
'98 Hummer Wagon
'98 Lexus LS400
'96 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo
'87 Ferrari Testarossa

·
Registered
105 Posts
Beverly Hills BMW sold one to Pete Sampras for $290K!!!!

Santa Monica BMW is asking $500K for theres!!!

Good Luck!

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
I don't believe that..... It's just a rumor. I just sat in one tonight. Blue with that same brushed aluminum look. And you guessed it, scratches all over the place. This is a great retro car but it isn't much larger than the M Roadster I drove today at the performance center. I'd much rather have my M5.

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

·
Registered
677 Posts
My salesman sold a Z8 two weeks ago for $300k. I was there when the guy picked it up.

Later,
Kenneth
'00 silverstone M5

·
Registered
911 Posts
Two Z8's were delivered, in the last 3 weeks, by the salesperson that sold me my M5. When I asked her how much they went for she said, "...including taxes the car came to $142,000 and change...." I couldn't believe it! They sold them for sticker! Then again I got my M5 for sticker...

The dealership? BMW of Peabody. They're just north of Boston in (where else?) Peabody, MA. Ask for Diana Newton if you call.

ALX

1 - 8 of 8 Posts