BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Freaks !

As some of you might know I have tried the Z8 for 5 min...
I will have the car for an hour or so in the comming week, and I will ofcourse give you all the details on our comming cab including pictures...
It´s a silver with red interieur..

Stay tuned for The Z8 (diesel :) story !!

Nille.

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Is it final that BMW is not going to release a RHD version of the Z8?
I wonder if it's ever going to be possible to convert a LHD Z8 to RHD... =P

·
Registered
216 Posts
Remember back about 15 years ago in HK, that's what they are saying about the E28 5 series and they attributed the reason to the exhaust system being in the middle of the car or some nonsense like that?

Unless they are not selling the car to UK or other RHD country, I think RHD is not the reason HK don't have they car.

Don't worry, I think a Z8 will hit the SAR

·
Moderator Emeritus
5,150 Posts
Well, it actually does seem like they're not sending the Z8 to UK, Japan, Singapore or Hong Kong. Since I was looking at the BMW UK page, and they seem to be only offering a LHD version of the Z8. I also read in some car magazine that BMW decided not to produce a RHD version of the Z8 since it's a limited production vehichle and making a few that's RHD wouldn't make much sense to them.
Maybe we should look at the feasibility of converting a Z8 to RHD if this is indeed true.. =P

·
Registered
301 Posts
from www.bmw.com.au

BMW Z8 for a Fortunate Few

Date:17/3/2000
BMW Australia has announced that it is seeking approval to import a very limited number of five of the stunning BMW Z8
roadsters for Australian classic vehicle collectors.

The Z8s, which will retail at $320,000, will be in left-hand drive as the vehicle is only produced in left-hand drive, with no plans to
produce right-hand drive, given the hand-built nature of the ultimate BMW roadster.

Owners will not be able to register the Z8 and they will be sold as display or collector vehicles only, however there is a possibility
for individual owners to apply for conditional registration, with such requests being dealt with subject to the various state
regulations on a case by case basis.

The five BMW Z8s imported into Australia will be provided on a no cost options basis, fully fitted with all standard features,
including hard top English language controls, on-board computer and BMW Navigation. Owners will be able to specify from a
choice of four exterior colours, being black, light red, titanium silver and topaz blue, with a full leather interior provided in either
black, sports red with black, cream with black or cream.

BMW Australia is very excited at the prospect of providing this unique and instantly collectible automotive masterpiece to a
limited number of Australian collectors, making it probably the most rare BMW ever sold in this country.

The BMW Z8 roadster features the 5 litre V8 M powerplant from the M5 and 6 speed manual transmission, which provides the
vehicle with astounding performance and make it the fastest accelerating production vehicle ever, with the ability to sprint from 0
to 100 km per hour in 4.7 seconds.

The Z8 was first shown to the Australian public at the recent Melbourne International Motorshow and at the Australian Grand Prix.
Deliveries of the BMW Z8 are expected to occur by mid-2000.

Full technical details on the outstanding BMW Z8 roadster are provided in the BMW Group press kit, provided at the 2000
Melbourne International Motorshow.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts