BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Hey.. nice post.. but go down the thread page a little to BMW M news and Frankfurt Motor Show for lots more discussion on this topic..

People reckon at Frankfurt BMW will show a slightly face lifted Z4 and most likely a a Z4 M.. and the the concept of the new *M Coupe/Z5 Coupe/Z4 Coupe (whichever they call it)..

Just great to hear that the Z4 M and *Z4 Coupe will DEFINATLEY feature the new 330 kW 4.0L V8 if the increasing rumours are to be believed!

Those M models are really going to fly.. Cayman.. Boxster S?? Please.. bring on Porsche turbo with 330 odd kW in those bodies..

And this new V5/V7 or 9 Series MPV concept (Again whichever they call it) will probably also make its debut..

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
greggb said:
Hey.. nice post.. but go down the thread page a little to BMW M news and Frankfurt Motor Show for lots more discussion on this topic..

People reckon at Frankfurt BMW will show a slightly face lifted Z4 and most likely a a Z4 M.. and the the concept of the new *M Coupe/Z5 Coupe/Z4 Coupe (whichever they call it)..

Just great to hear that the Z4 M and *Z4 Coupe will DEFINATLEY feature the new 330 kW 4.0L V8 if the increasing rumours are to be believed!

Those M models are really going to fly.. Cayman.. Boxster S?? Please.. bring on Porsche turbo with 330 odd kW in those bodies..

And this new V5/V7 or 9 Series MPV concept (Again whichever they call it) will probably also make its debut..
Ulrich brunkhe recently said that in the beginning Z4M are going to get the engine from M3 E46, when the new M3 E90 arrive, Z4 M will get a V8 as well.

He even said that M cars might get Turbo in the future.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah thta is soooo hot that car!

Still duno about that engine tho.. think the production run for that engine (3.2 I6) is gona be over really shortly!!

Bring on the V8.. in both Z4 M and new M Coupe with carbon fibre galore and fibre glass and plastic panels..

·
Registered
206 Posts
BMWforever said:
How about this?

I LOVE IT!
oh my god, this is amazing. :D better looking than the porsche cayman

·
Registered
188 Posts
So hold on now though.. I think maybe we getting a little more confirmation of whats going on..

3 seperate forums are now confirming reports from BMW M that the new 4.0L V8 is rated at 317 kW (425 bhp).. 2 of them saying 4.0L and one site still saying 4.4L...

This is awesome news..!! Still not the favoured 330kW but that should be good enough for a little fun!!

·
Registered
206 Posts
that z4 coupe isnt even the M version and yet it looks so good.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yeah well in SA with the Z3 we only got the 3.0i model and then the roadster which had the 4.4L V8 from 549i/740i..

And the M Coupe we only got the M Coupe with the M3 I6 engine..

Now with Z4 we get the 2.5i and 3.0i.. we being promised the Z4 M.. and with the new M Coupe (Z4 Coupe or Z5 Coupe or whatver) we are once again only getting the M version.. with an outside chance of a 3.0i and 3.5i (twin-turbo)..

The M versions will be MAD MAD cars! ouich

blackhse said:
that z4 coupe isnt even the M version and yet it looks so good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts