BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a little update on the $-pit. As a reminder... BMW created a vehicle with a great comfort, style, and performance straight from the factory and my goal with mods is to enhance each of those qualities without disrupting the delicate balance. Of course, gotta keep it CLEAN!

1. Debaged the M5 logo, no need to flaunt it, either you are in "the know" or you are out! Besides no badge cleans up the rear a little.

2. Slim's diffuser, I originally had my stock rear valance wrapped in gloss black vinyl, it looked good (very cost effective) but I wanted a little flair. I originally had an Exotics Tuning diffuser on order but that fell though and I used my refunded money to snag this one. Fit an finish are good, I will reinstall it with more double sided tape to make the corners fit better but design wise, I love it.

3. Interior storage sucks so I added a tilting Euro armrest with the storage tray. It is the vinyl material so it doesn't match perfectly but it doesn't bother me and the price was nearly 1/2 the other alternatives.

4. I ordered the Passenger side rear trunk trim with the storage tray to secure misc. items (extra oil) from rolling around in the trunk. I didn't take a picture of this though.

4. Both of my front splash guards (the black trim pieces which are under the fogs and wrap around in to the wheel wells were beat to hell, so I replaced them as well.

5. When I have more time I will dive into the stereo install. I was tempted to start this trip home but time was at a premium and one of my IDQ subs was damaged during shipping so wait I must. Appearance and sound should be clean! (thanks to the JBL MS8) :)

6. Cleaned the M-stitching on the steering wheel, 5 min mod, and it looks great! I attached a before and a before/after photo.

7. Currently my car is at a shop having one of my blown KW coilovers repaired, gotta love KW's lifetime warranty.

Here are some pics, hope you enjoy... +dirty car pics.

Evan

Attachments

·
Registered
218 Posts
Clean! Love it.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Still one of my favorites. Exceptional taste.

I am debadging mine next week as well, and for all the same reasons. This helped reinforce my decision!

p.s: What did you use to clean the stitching? I doubt it was the cup of yogurt on your center console

·
Registered
581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As always, thanks for the kind words. It is hard to believe this car is already 11 years old (1 year of ownership under my belt) I don't plan on selling it for a LONG time.

leviathan, none taken. I used to think the same thing but on this particular car I think it increases the stealth aspect (yes, I know my car is Imola RED and has exhaust that sounds like Satan killing puppies with a machine gun) but whatever. Besides, maybe a potential thief will think it is a 525i :)

manualshifter and JCM5555, I used some spot removal detergent I found in the laundry room (it actually was in that yogurt cup). I had one cup of detergent and one of water, first I dipped the toothbrush in water and brushed a 6-8" segment of the stitching, after removed the excess water and used the little of the spot remover, then wiped it clean with a terry cloth towel. Repeat until done, easy money!

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Beautiful car, Evan. Love the additional mods.

·
Registered
962 Posts

·
Registered
835 Posts
how do you like the idQ? I have the big brother!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.