BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Very Nice!

Very Fast M5. Is the exhaust pretty loud on the inside? When I had my E46 M3 with aftermarket Exhaust (AA Muffler), there was alot of drone which irritated my wife. Just curious...

·
Registered
458 Posts
Very Fast M5. Is the exhaust pretty loud on the inside? When I had my E46 M3 with aftermarket Exhaust (AA Muffler), there was alot of drone which irritated my wife. Just curious...
Not bad actually; If I have the windows up it's not that noticeable (then again I play my music at ear-drumb-busting levels). Only on cold start will you notice the "droning"

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
running strong....what mod do you have Yumemaru

·
Registered
458 Posts
running strong....what mod do you have Yumemaru
RE Diablo Exhaust (sec 3), Eisen X-Pipe (sec 2), Eisen Cat Del (sec 1), 3.91 Diff, Pulleys, RPI Scoops, Dinan Susp, BMC Air Fil, ESS Tune. (contemplating what to do next without hurting the low end/top end)

BTW, my top end isn't really hurting; I haven't noticed a huge difference in the rate of accel above 13.0 mph from the standard diff. She flies in 1,2,3,4. Then again; I have one less gear than most........

Any opinions on the AFE/ASR CAI? I know the AFE is a little more rstrictive due to placement but anyone with any input please chime in.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Your car seems to pull really strong without headers. Are you happy with the ESS tune? I am interested in the RE exhaust. I am looking for something that is just a little louder than stock under 4K. I hear that SS sport is just a little louder than stock, and I would like something a little more than that but screams a bit more above 5K.

RE Diablo Exhaust (sec 3), Eisen X-Pipe (sec 2), Eisen Cat Del (sec 1), 3.91 Diff, Pulleys, RPI Scoops, Dinan Susp, BMC Air Fil, ESS Tune. (contemplating what to do next without hurting the low end/top end)

BTW, my top end isn't really hurting; I haven't noticed a huge difference in the rate of accel above 13.0 mph from the standard diff. She flies in 1,2,3,4. Then again; I have one less gear than most........

Any opinions on the AFE/ASR CAI? I know the AFE is a little more rstrictive due to placement but anyone with any input please chime in.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Asif,

Car looks and sounds great. Look into headers. It makes a world of difference in power delivery and throttle responsiveness.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Asif,

Car looks and sounds great. Look into headers. It makes a world of difference in power delivery and throttle responsiveness.
+1

The visual attitude and the performance to back it up. Nice work.:cheers:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Asif,

Thanks. Aside from the sound byte I'd really like to see what gains I'd get from the header setup. Some have spoken of power loss :dunno:

·
Video Guru
1,420 Posts
I see that you guys have been busy "laying down the law"
Wow. Yume' what have you not done to the cra
It lookslike its pulling like crazy. Quite an accomplishment without headers right?
AJ I love your vids
Yume' don't forget that you're gonna show me how to drift harcore
I'll accept lessons in my E46 M3 2005
Keep the vids coming guys
I've got some new ones coming too.............:M5rev:

·
Registered
458 Posts
No headers yet....... I will definitely be availalbe any weekend this summer for some drift sessions in the e46!!!!! Definitely will see you soon Jidex! You gotta come out to the next run if you can make it bro!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts