BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dear members:

as more owners join and as more visitors we get we still have to maintain a quality and a camarediere among the members. To enforce the quality and of mutual respect between members of different nationalities, religions, car brands etc I propose some minor changes. But I am also open to your ideas how to keep up the quality while having a very good flow of information as well. Zero tolerance policy towards:






  • Flaming, when a post get out of hand because of members start to argue on a public forum will not be allowed. Solve this via Private Messaging or e-mail, do not escalate it by replying on this forum.
  • No name calling to fellow members. In a humorous way yes, but never in a degrading way towards the other member. Best way is to mail me [email protected] and tell me about it and I remove this post. Do not reply in the same way as the flamer, it will then escalate quickly.
  • Posts that are deliberatly posted to stir up rouble will be deleted
  • Well thought-out posting is encouraged. The better you state your post, question or reply the better feedback you will get. Also the more appreciated you will get among fellow members. Exactly the opposite with bad thought out posts.
  • When you made your point and the other party made his point, please do not escalate it to a never ending heated discussion. Always remain civil as you are in your everyday life.
If anyone breaches this the member status will be removed (he cannot post) and it will be put back to Member status only after the member have intitiated a discussion with me over e-mail and we agreed on what was wrong and what is to be changed in the users behaviour in the future. It is the member who is responsible for contacting me. The above rules along with your members feedback will be added to the rules when new members sign-up.

Please post your suggestions and also post if you feel that the quality of the posts have deteriorated over the last months and why. Also your opinions how to make the quality better are welcomed.

Lastly, you should spend your time here becuase it is fun and informative and not because it is similar to a soap opera ;)

Threads related to this can be this one. Also have a look at the early posts from early 2000: here.

Thanks for your feedback!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
520 Posts
Gustav, I like the way you run this site, and I agree with your new rules. A tightly run site like this is always a pleasure to visit. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
245 Posts
mhh said:
Gustav, I like the way you run this site, and I agree with your new rules. A tightly run site like this is always a pleasure to visit. :)
So far I have been impressed with this site as well and havent seen as much flaming as you would see from a forum with a car of lesser quality. i hope these rules stay enforced as i know its difficult to watch over it all.

whats the difference between a member status and regular status? Is regular just meaning guest status?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry for the confusion. There is no difference. Member si the same as "regular status". Changed the wording. Also I might add that I approve every new member personally.

Redstradic said:
So far I have been impressed with this site as well and havent seen as much flaming as you would see from a forum with a car of lesser quality. i hope these rules stay enforced as i know its difficult to watch over it all.

whats the difference between a member status and regular status? Is regular just meaning guest status?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
75 Posts
Gustav said:
Sorry for the confusion. There is no difference. Member si the same as "regular status". Changed the wording. Also I might add that I approve every new member personally.
Those are great ideas Gustav, as many boards' quality diminishes after its popularity increases. I think having no difference between member status and regular status serves no purpose; instead, you should limit the number of posts a regular status user can post (or the rate at which they can post) and this will help limit those low quality posts that certain members constantly make.

Good job with the site; I personally think that this is the best BMW enthusiast site out there with little/none of the "ricey-ness" and all of the performance. :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Hey Gustav!

This thread is in itself a statement for the quality of this board! I am indeed proud to be a member :) Is there some kind of moderator system built into this forum? If yes, then you may also think of giving some trusted members a moderator status... bye, G.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,083 Posts
guffit said:
Hey Gustav!

This thread is in itself a statement for the quality of this board! I am indeed proud to be a member :) Is there some kind of moderator system built into this forum? If yes, then you may also think of giving some trusted members a moderator status... bye, G.
Great idea....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I visit a lot of car related forums and, in all of them, things get out of hand from time to time.

This one is quite different and everything needed to keep it this way is welcome.

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Re: Your ideas: make m5bpoard.com better / how to keep a high quality of the content

This is one of the best sites on the 'net, mainly because the administrators are actively involved. Keep up the good work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
Re: Your ideas: make m5bpoard.com better / how to keep a high quality of the content

Gustav,
The changes you propose are excellent ideas for keeping this board informative, neighborly, and cordial. I must say that the M5Board is head-and-shoulders above them all. I don't even bother to frequent "other" boards anymore, as many of the discussions deteriorate in quality and in content.

Keep up the fine work.
Kevmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
while i have not been here as much as i would like as of late could you make it so that when you put your mouse over the subject of the thread the first couple sentences appear? my apologies if this has been discussed before.
simon
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lear, I beleive that is an option that can be implemented. I however think that opening that thread tells more about the subject than the first few setences in a preview. You should not judge a book by its cover :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
816 Posts
Agree. This discussion board is so civil. Standards must be there so that we do not end up like the MBWorld.org where there is a discussion "fight" every second thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
thank you very much gustav as i for one have been many a target of hostile attacks i appreciate the effort you are making to a board with wide appeal and welcome lively and civil debate. your hands on approach is a service to the quality of this board. keep up the good work!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
943 Posts
Excellent idea, Gustav.

It is very important to keep up the quality of this forum.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
M6 Forever said:
Agree. This discussion board is so civil. Standards must be there so that we do not end up like the MBWorld.org where there is a discussion "fight" every second thread.
Agree 100% good job and Those freaks from MBworld
it is time to kick there @$$'$ of the HighWay !!! :flag: :flag: :flag:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
342 Posts
Gustav,

I suggest to find a way to share pics and videos in a way that only (paid)members can download them. As with the FTP server sponsored by Techiehost, the load is just too high for him to continue to host.
Problem is that other forums link into our forum and download videos. :nono:

What kind of solution can we find to just share among ouselves the nice stuff. ??????
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
127 Posts
Excellent Gustav,

I would personally welcome a more stict focus on the M5 under the forum
E60 M5. Please avoid crap like Gran Turismo 4 and threads about other cars than just the M5. Perhaps it would be a good idea to have a "misc" section on the front page so everyone can put down various threads there.

For car freaks in general there are numerous forums out there, I enjoy this forum for it´s dedication to M and Alpina series. Keep it that way and keep up the good work!

//Ekan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
86 Posts
Vic said:
Gustav,

I suggest to find a way to share pics and videos in a way that only (paid)members can download them. As with the FTP server sponsored by Techiehost, the load is just too high for him to continue to host.
Problem is that other forums link into our forum and download videos. :nono:

What kind of solution can we find to just share among ouselves the nice stuff. ??????
nice one there Vic
but please i don't want to pay more $ for anything :nono: :nono:
but my new M6 thank you very much for the videos Gustav
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top