1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your favorite roads around NYC? Here is two that I enjoy -

Palisade Parkway, nicely paved and good scenic spots up

Route 9 and 9 west up Hudson River

Moderator-Not sure the appropriate spot to post this. please move to where you like.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Palisades is full of cops be careful. The Taconic is similar to the Palisades. I personally like the Meritt Parkway above the Wilton exit

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DrewT said:
Palisades is full of cops be careful. The Taconic is similar to the Palisades. I personally like the Meritt Parkway above the Wilton exit
yes meritt is fun. i've think I've been lucky on the palisades, done many 100+ runs with no cops.

Do you know any good backroads?

·
Registered
68 Posts
In Westchester County Rt 22 North of Kensico Dam. Then depending on how long a ride you want. Take 22 North to Bedford and turn onto North St and into Greenwich, or Merritt N or S.

For a shorter run I take 22N to 120 towards Westchester County Airport. Pick up King Street behind the airport and take that into Merritt or Greenwich.

Both routes are subject to traffic and can be frustrating if you get behind a slow driver.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I think the Ocean Parkway east of the Wantagh Parkway is good. Straight and flat for speed runs. No turns or twistees. I think it is also pretty good in terms of police presence. In the times that I have been on the road over the years I have yet to see a lawman and I have always traveled with the assistance of my V1 so I am pretty sure that there was not a cop hiding in the median or behind a sand dune. but then again maybe I have just been lucky.

Michael.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
from m3forum.com, some open space area for fun.

"You could do it at Floyd Bennet Field, exit 11S off of the Belt Parkway, just a bit past Coney Island. Lots of empty space, run ways, etc. Dont need to set aside time, or spend money, and havent had anyone complain to me yet after doing some 0-100+mph runs there by myself. "

1 - 6 of 6 Posts