BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was a nice day here in Illinois so I decided to detail the exterior and interior of my baby the 1998 528i. I also thought that since I have just recently started posting on this board I would share my story so here it goes. Im 17 and received the 528i as my first car when I turned 16. Since that day I have fallen in love with it and become a huge BMW fan. I graduated early from my high school and recently wrote an entire essay on the car for my college English class. I love cars and was in autos classes all years of my highschool. I appreciate what they are and have taken excellent care of my Bimmer instead of trashing it like so many others my age. Im looking into purchasing an e39 m5 after I turn 18 in the summer and before I move down to florida for college. So thats a basic story of my car and I and I decided to take some pictures after I was done detailing. It took me several hour because I got down to the little spots. Things I did were, condition the leather, clean the entire dash, shine every chrome and black trim piece, re shine the tires, detail the rims, shine every peice of class, detail the engine bay, clean al of the door arches and many other things I cant think of. Enjoy the pictures.

P.S- I know it is not an M5 but I know you all appreciate the E39 generation. :biggrin:
-Bobby

Attachments

·
Registered
486 Posts
Bobby great looking car, thanks for posting. Love the color.

I don't know your financial situation but it might be wise to let the 528 carry you through the leaner college years. I have spent a boat load on my M5's and could have never even thought about affording the E39 (or the E28 ) in my college years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well during college Im going to be on a full ride Army ROTC scholarship receiving a stipend every 2 weeks. Add that with a part time job and a significant amount of money I will receive for not having to "pay" for college and I might be able to pull it off. i am definitely going to consider the decision very very carefully before I end up pulling the trigger. I appreciate the advice though, thanks.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Bobby you sound a lot like me.. Lol
Started with a 93 525i in high school.. Had many automotive classes..
Had the thing break on me a few times and it was all uphill learning and experiencing many things from my e34..
Good start man stick with it and you'll have your m5

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bobby you sound a lot like me.. Lol
Started with a 93 525i in high school.. Had many automotive classes..
Had the thing break on me a few times and it was all uphill learning and experiencing many things from my e34..
Good start man stick with it and you'll have your m5
Hahaha we do sound similar, bet you will never forget that car. And I have no plans of not sticking with it ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts