BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
I know how u feel man. I have a 04 e class as a daily and I wanted to accelerate and merge lanes but I didn't have the power to get through the gap. Ugh...was pretty sad

·
Registered
DinanS2+ e60m5 6MT, s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,269 Posts
I thought I'd mix it up a bit with this one.

...Driving a rental Ford Focus merging onto I-5 north and you're stabbing at paddles and grasping for an M button in vain...only to be overtaken by a Smart 4two...

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Make sure you don't fill your rental with premium gas!!!!! Ask me how I know!

·
Registered
335 Posts
You know you're *not* driving your M5 when...

you get reasonable MPG figures out of your daily...and you're kind of sad about it
Quite the opposite for me, I get surprised when I realize that I've only filled up once a week.

Sadly my M5 lead foot will carry over into rental cars, no matter how puny the engine which usually leads to disappointment.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
You park in the middle of the parking lot and even next to the handicap on your right. That means the driver door will swing wide open and put a bullet hole in your door.

Reactions: MIGHTY5

·
Registered
393 Posts
When you forget when was the last time you filled up (currently driving the wifey's Audi A3 1.6TDI, averaging more than 41mpg). I can also relate to jcolley's experience :hihi:

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
When your beloved M5 is in the shop for repairs (again) and you're driving a rental or base model loaner 3 series with 4 cylinders.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
187 Posts
when you're driving your daily and you see one of those riced out tuner cars and immediately think, "if i had my m5 right now id show em whos boss".

·
Registered
3,988 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
when you're driving your daily and you see one of those riced out tuner cars and immediately think, "if i had my m5 right now id show em whos boss".

hiha

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
when you see another m5 on the road and you wish you had yours.. and then you wonder if they're on the forum but there's no way you can get their attention in your bucket.

Dan

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
my daily is a E36 ///M3 sedan (5MT) and i know im not in my M5 bc i drive my daily ///M like i f*cking STOLE it!!!

all the time, all day....i have Michillen Pilot Super Sports on that thing just go ensure that i can go around every corning like gangbusters - all without worry or care bc i know if anything breaks on that car i can fix it myself - or for dirt cheap ;)

the ///M5 is a garage queen now i must admit (once out the shop again)

·
Registered
6,632 Posts
When you put your right foot down, in sixth, and nothing happens.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts