BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
They had that car in a Top Gear episode along with a Porsche GT3 RS and an Aston Martin and went to find the best driving road in the world (which is, shockingly, in Europe). Funny thing they said is that you get charged (way) more money for having less stuff in the car! It was a great episode from season 10 (I think it mightve been the first episode)

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
They had some great episodes like that in seasons 9 and 10. There is one in which they came to the US and had to buy cars for 1000 bucks for a road trip, then the one where they go to Africa and buy 2wd cars to show that you don't need 4wd in Africa, and then the last episode in which they take 3 german saloons to the Ascari track in Spain.

One of my all-time favoites, though, is the one in which they take a Ford GT, a Pagani Zonda and a Ferrari F430 to A big-*** bridge in France (I think it was France....).

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah!

I remember those, remember Richard Hammond with 'Oliver' - I think he was in love :biggrin:

Remember them trying to get the cars out of the carpark in Paris!!

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I can relate to Hammond and Oliver. Every time I trade a car in, I get a little sad when driving it for the last time and then leaving it in the parking lot. This was even worse with my last car because my father was driving the M5 (I didnt know how to drive stick yet) and I saw my car at the empty parking lot in the dealer :(

·
Registered
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm starting to think all us E39 M5 drivers are the same!!

I couldn't sell my last car, my wife drives it now - it would have broken my heart to sell it!!

I also have an old (1986) 635csi which I do not have the time to take care off - -but I really should pass it on to someone who has the time otherwise it will be too far gone to save!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts