BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife wanted an Auto, so I got her this Monaro.

What do you think of the clolour? Hot House Green.

Yoda is such a camera hog. He had to jump in one of the shots. hiha

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
It probably looks better in person...hiha

I like the license plate MIB MAN!!!:D :D

:cheers:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
MIB said:
What do you think of the clolour? Hot House Green.

Looks more like amphibious green but nevertheless I kinda like it. Is Yoda a little jealous that there is another toy in the stable or is he glad not to get the call to go to the supermarket parking lot? :hihi:

Regards,
Terk.

Oh and what's behind garage door #3?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chuckc said:
It probably looks better in person...hiha

I like the license plate MIB MAN!!!:D :D

As the famous Mr Kermit the frog said, "Its not easy being Green!"hiha

It looks fabulous in person. It was an overcast day, and my photography skills are non existant. Point and shoot. My aim is better at longer distances. :hihi:

Yes, I finally scored the last plate in the set. 01. I have 02-07 that one was missing. cherrsagai

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: Yoda's Stable mate.

Terk said:
Looks more like amphibious green but nevertheless I kinda like it. Is Yoda a little jealous that there is another toy in the stable or is he glad not to get the call to go to the supermarket parking lot? :hihi:

Regards,
Terk.

Oh and what's behind garage door #3?
Hey T-Man,

You hit the nail on the head twice. The monaro is for Wife and shopping duties.

It is Top secret what is behind door number 3.:hihi: It is reserved for Uber Track Toys.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
bstnsportsfan said:
I like the car, and I also really like the color. Its "different" but looks very nice.

I've never heard of a Monaro, any specs or website? I like your license plate too!

Thanks bstn,

Its a 5.7 V-8 Litre LS1 Chevy Motor. We call them Holdens here or GMH.

They are made here in OZ and We export them. I think you guys call the 4 doors a Chevy Lumina SS. Whilst we call the 4 doors a Holden Commodore.

I have seen an export 2 door with a potiac front nose. It didn't look to bad.

Try searching for Holden. Something should come up.:cheers:

I thought I'd show you guys as they are a little different to what you get there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thanks Mark for responding. When I first saw it, a GM came to mind. The car must be very quick with the LS1 in it. Isn't that the same as a corvette? I'm not too familar with Chevy. I'm guessing the Monaro has close to 350-400hp? Hope your wife enjoys her new car! The Monaro is very nice but I still like Yoda better!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
bstnsportsfan said:
The Monaro is very nice but I still like Yoda better!

My Thoughts exactly.:hihi:

Yes it is the same motor as the Corvettes. We have the same arguement here as you guys have there. M5 Vs Z06 and we have M5 vs HSV (Holden special Vehicles) Ls1.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
MIB said:
I have seen an export 2 door with a potiac front nose. It didn't look to bad.
Mark,

I believe that Pontiac is calling it the GTO for 2004 and comes with 350HP version of the 5.7L LS1 motor. Looks very similar to your wifes.

Regards,
Terk.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Very nice color. It matches the surrounding trees :hihi:

It kinda looks like a Ford mustang in the front end. What are the specs?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Terk said:
Mark,

I believe that Pontiac is calling it the GTO for 2004 and comes with 350HP version of the 5.7L LS1 motor. Looks very similar to your wifes.

Regards,
Terk.
Hey Terk,

Thats the one. They are easily tuned to 500+ HP. But I will leave it stock for awhile.

Thanks Sam, Hot house green should match the trees.:hihi:

I think they are around the 350 Hp. Yoda kicks its butt, but it isn't to far behind.

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Good deal! IMO the Monaro looks a lot better than the GTO we are getting here. Ours is too bland, but I dont think bland would be a word to describe your car, or the color. :hihi: It is not easy being green, but it does look good!

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
pdiack said:
Obvious question....when do the MODS begin???

:biggrin:
Hey Pdiack,

Well I was going to leave it stock for a little while. But I thought I would just take a look at some.

For $9K AUD they can guarantee 500 BHP at the wheels.grrrrrrr

$9K AUD on Yoda will get me about 7 BHP. :crying:

The first and obvious things to do for some very nice gains is POWERCHIP, exhaust and cai.

Ready for the massive $2K cost of all that.hiha Man these things are cheap to mod.

There was a four door version at the drags that has the $9K worth of mods and he runs 11's QM. :eek:

Hey BMWNUT,

I love the colour, the photo doesn't do it justice. It is really irradecent. The Monaro turns more heads than the Beast. hmmm

It is most young fellas dream car here. At $65K its about a Quarter of the cost of a Beast. Mods are about a quarter of the cost as well.:cool:

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
Whats the current USD to AUD exchange rate? Its been too long since I have been to OZ to remember the rate, and if I did it wouldnt be current. Our Monaro is around $34k USD (according to C&D) car, and yeah, at that price it's close enough to be dear to the hearts of teenage boys everywhere. Since the Camaro/Firebird F-body is gone, I think the Monaro, ah hem, GTO will be the next good poster car in the class. Enjoy the new car!

B

·
0 Posts
MIB,
Congrats on the new addition. I bet it is a blast to drive. It would be great to get your feedback on how it compares to the M5.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
BmwNut said:
Whats the current USD to AUD exchange rate? Its been too long since I have been to OZ to remember the rate, and if I did it wouldnt be current. Our Monaro is around $34k USD (according to C&D) car, and yeah, at that price it's close enough to be dear to the hearts of teenage boys everywhere. Since the Camaro/Firebird F-body is gone, I think the Monaro, ah hem, GTO will be the next good poster car in the class. Enjoy the new car!
Exactly BMWnut,

The Monaro is OZ version of the 70's muscle car. We had a Monaro back then. 350 Chev and 427 Chev.

It is I suppose our version of the Trans Am and Firebird. It has all the corvette running gear, but its not a lightweight like the vette.

Exchnage rate is .72c US per $1 AUD. The best its been in a long time.

Daniel, In a word, it doesn't compare. It is great fun to drive, because its raw and unrefined. They are so cheap and easy to get to perform, but they are what they are.

I was shocked when my wife had been driving it for a week straight and then went for a short run in Yoda. She was:eek:

She was shocked, at how spoilt we had become. She said the BMW steers so much better and is so much more responsive.

Its not until you go back and forth that you really see that the Beast truely is an UBER CAR.

The Manaro is fun, and gets way more looks than the beast.grrrrrrr

I think most people around here would think the Monaro was more expensive. You could almost buy 4 of them for a price of the Beast.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Thanks, Boss for linking that. It was an interesting read.

For the Z28 Guys, Welcome to the Ultimate board. No doubt in years to come, some of you guys will step upto the plate and be joining us over here on the Darkside.:hihi:

Our darkside is of course MB.

Of course we all understand that the LS1 is hugely better Bang/Buck. But its not all about bang or buck.

The LS1 is a great motor, and candy is great when you are a child. But later in life, you develope a tatse for caviar.

That does not mean that, you'll never eat candy again. You will always enjoy a small amount, but caviar becomes your true passion.

I have owned a lot of HSV (Holden Special Vehicles) GTS and Senator. I had some major work done to them, and they went well.

Do they compare to my Beast. No disrespect intended, but No they did not. And of course they should not. They are Half the price.

All I guess I am saying is, when you reach that point in your life, as everyone eventually will, when the Dollars are less important, the obvious Question IS, "Is the Beast worth the extra money?"

The answer is a huge YES. :hihi:

And if your upset about what I wrote, and are complaining you'll never be able to step upto the plate, email me. I'll throw you a rope.:cheers:

In the end, we are all car enthusiasts and can learn from one another.

P.S. I loved the crack about Ceasar.

MIB

1 - 20 of 23 Posts