BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for another thread about shocks and springs, but the previous owner of my Beast had installed KW coilovers with 19" Hamann rims. However, I find the ride quality to be just way to harsh for the roads out here and am looking to go either PSS (since I don't have the original springs) or finding a set of used springs with Bilstein B6. But my questions are 1) does anyone have 19" rims installed at stock ride height? I have no idea how it looks; 2) How is the ride with a close to stock setup with 19" rims? To complicate matters, the previous owner also installed bigger Brembo calipers and disc, so it'll be very costly for me to go back to 18" rims which is out of the question at the moment. Thank you.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure about the tire pressure, will check into it tomorrow, but tires are Continental CSC 245/35/19 in the front and Achilles 275/30/19 rears. Used to have Continental CSC in the rear too, but was too pricey for my hooliganism.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Sorry for another thread about shocks and springs, but the previous owner of my Beast had installed KW coilovers with 19" Hamann rims. However, I find the ride quality to be just way to harsh for the roads out here and am looking to go either PSS (since I don't have the original springs) or finding a set of used springs with Bilstein B6. But my questions are 1) does anyone have 19" rims installed at stock ride height? I have no idea how it looks; 2) How is the ride with a close to stock setup with 19" rims? To complicate matters, the previous owner also installed bigger Brembo calipers and disc, so it'll be very costly for me to go back to 18" rims which is out of the question at the moment. Thank you.
here in Taipei roads are not 19" friendly on E39 at all. Had rode in a PSS9 with 19" E39 M5 and it was not very good to say the least, however recently tried a PSS9 with stock 18" also in a M5 and it was actually not bad at all, the setting were all pretty much to softest setting if I remember correctly. Than again PSS9 wont last very long here in Taipei nor does PSS. I just ordered Dinan stuff, stage 2 for E39 M5 and will see how it is.

what KW do you have? they are very adjustable if its stage 3, had drove a E36 M3 321 with KW stage 3 and it actually ride really good compare to PSS9 on it, drove them back to back on a same day.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I believe mine are stage 3 as everything is adjustable. Where do you get your things done in Taipei? I'm going to 北戰 tomorrow to see if they can sort it out. If it still doesn't work, I'm thinking of ditching the KW and just go back to stock since I don't track anyways.

·
Registered
157 Posts
got ur suspension fixed? there are only handful of experienced shop in taipei, u probably know when they r. i usually goes to old school type of shop. i have stock suspension right now and its fine for taipei.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
An update on my suspension issue:

Apparently whoever worked on the car either has really bad memory or the people who worked on it did not communicate at all, all the settings on all 4 shocks were different. In addition, it seems as if the compression and rebound stiffness rate were reversed, resulting in a car that did not soak up bumps and dips too well. I believe the compression was softened (shock top adjusters) and the rebound (bottom adjusters) was stiffened, and the settings were consistent with each other left and right. The car is now still bit too stiff, and a bit too bouncy, but MUCH better than before.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts