BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
check this out!
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=186916660&dealer_id=56700712&car_year=2002&make=BMW&distance=25&lang=en&max_price=&model=M3&end_year=2006&min_price=&first_record=26&pager.offset=25&certified=&address=77379&search_type=both&advanced=&isp=y&start_year=1981&cardist=25

And here is the answer once I said I am intrested in buying the car.

Hi,
I am glad to hear that you are interested to buy my car.The car is in perfect conditions without any scratches or other mechanical problems.
The car i have is my brother's car which has some health problems and he moved 2 months ago here in London United Kingdom to take care of him because i am his only relatives.The car is registered New York United States, it has clear title, all documents are on my brother's name and i am delegated to sell it because we need money to make an operation in France.I can't register the car in UK because it has US emissions and that's one of the reasons i sell it so cheap,because i can't find a buyer in my country.I want to take this opportunity to assure you that this deal is 100% legitimate.

You will receive your product in 4-5 working days by FedEx or Lufthansa Air Cargo at your home address.The service has frequent shared container services. Your car is loaded into the container, and a crate is custom-built around it to protect your car in transit.
The final price is $ 12000 included the shipping costs.The unit will be insured at the delivery service.If somethig happens on the road , you will receive the insurance from the delivery service. As soon as the car arrives, you will test and if it does not matches 100% to your expectations, you will return it in max.15 days since the arrival date.

The finacial part of this deal will be managed by my Square Trade agent. I am very busy, and they will act like a third party in this deal. They will keep the payment until you receive the item and test it.
Anyway, I have to let you know that I want a fast deal so if you are really interested in buying, please reply with the following information:
-Your full name;
-Your shipping address;
If you agree with my above terms, I'm sure that we can close the deal as soon as possible.
Thank you for your time and interest!!!

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I have 50 shares of Microsoft stock that I can sell you for $12k to cover the cost of the car if you want. Give me $6k now, and then I'll give you the shares. Sadly, I am in another country, so please deposit the money in this escrow account...
Funny to see that people still try to run these scams. Any educated buyer will walk away, but the fact that people still do this means that people fall for it. A fool and his money are soon parted.
:cheers:

·
Registered
992 Posts
Here is the response I got from someone who wanted to buy my car...

PAYMENT STATUE /PICK UP INFO..............
Hello
Thanks for your mail,i will like to let you that my client is eager to
purchase this car from you but never the less my client is
very glad to see that you are willing to sell the car to him,cause he can;t wait to see it parked in his garage and he hope,sthe engine is service and oil changed
However,My client made out a certified cashiers check of $42000
before he travelled to Spain on a visit trip,for a previous Acura car
which is more expencive than that of yours and its shipment charges
etc,but it was unfortunately sold.The amount on the check he deposited
for the Acura is bigger than what should be paid to you now,
so the check is now meant for the total expenses which includes the
purchase of your car the pick up of the car from its present location and the shipping charges/other necessary shipping arrangements.
However he has instructed us to carry on with this transaction.So you're required to deduct the cost of your $32500and send the balance of $9500 to my client;s shipper to enable him offsett shipping charges/arrangements.once the transaction is concluded,My agent will be coming for the pick up of the car from its present location,with an open vehicle and then drive to a prepaid shipper for shipment,and also conclude other necessary shipping arrangements.So you don,t have to bother yourself about the pick up and shipping arrangements,while title papers and other necessary documets
will be sent by you via fedex courier to my customer.
Please Confirm this and provide me with this details of your
(1)full legal name(to be issued on the check)
(2)contact address(check to be sent to)
(3)phone number
for check payment to be delivered to you via fedex courier.I await
your quick responce as soon as possible
Thanks and God bless
Kindest Regards

Idiots...what a waste of time...ouich

·
Registered
3,001 Posts

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
These are all based on the most successful 'hook'- the scammee thinks they are 'getting over' on the other part- they are getting a steal on the car, or they are getting their full asking price plus expenses.... they ALMOST deserve it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I sold a car on Autotrader a few months and had responses like these outnumber legitimate ones by about 2:1. I'm dumbfounded that these guys are still in business, but they clearly are.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts