BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a week ago, I am reading through the '08 tail light group buy thread. The discussion was around how the Euro lights have the amber turn signals and the U.S. lights have the red ones. I bought mine through Alex.br's group buy and apparently got the Euro version as they have amber turn signals.

Cosmos chips in about how he prefers the amber to the red. I am thinking, "Hmmm, I prefer red to amber". Fast forward past a couple of PMS and I have sent my lights out to Cosmos. He got them on Tuesday and sent me his back on Wednesday. They should be here in the next day or two. I really can't imagine many other forums (in the broad, non-internet meaning of the word) where two guys who have never met each other -- in fact have never even spoke to each other -- would have enough faith to swap over $600 worth of parts just on faith that the other guy will hold up his end of the deal.

Thanks again Cosmos. It truly was a pleasure dealing with you!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I have not had any experiences like that yet. But, I have grown to trust and respect many members on this board for their insight and knowledge of the cars that we all share a passion for. It truly is a great place to share info and enjoy camaraderie (as much as one can over the internet). I share your opinions of this board...

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Good to hear. Wealth of information...and parts:M5thumbs:

But Cosmos, are you nuts? I wouldn't trust Andrew and I know him personally. In fact, I hear he's Client #8.:hihihi:

Nope. Client #5. Apparently your client number represents the average length of your visits - in minutes!

Reactions: Simple1

·
Registered
637 Posts
+1 to the board. And +2 to Cosmos. He shipped his Hartge springs to me before receiving payment on trust. Amazing community. Oh yeah, Cosmos, I forgot, I'll get that money to you as soon as I can, lol.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
+1 to the board. And +2 to Cosmos. He shipped his Hartge springs to me before receiving payment on trust. Amazing community. Oh yeah, Cosmos, I forgot, I'll get that money to you as soon as I can, lol.
+1 to all

Cosmos is a cool dude. Trusted me to send him a check for some H&R springs (hope he got the check!).
I was following Cosmos as we caravaned to Spring Mountain on Mfest Sunday and I must say that I like his red turn signals. So it's all a matter of taste(preference). I spose having the European amber makes a US car more unique.:3:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
+++1, I have grown to trust these experienced automotive internet communities for information and advice.

Good stuff!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I agree, I bought parkcitytom's headers from LI-M5 (Neil), an awesome guy and a pleasure to deal with.
RussRamz got me Euro Headlamps and shipped them to me. Not only that but he paid for them out of his pocket and shipped before he recieved my check.
I've met nothing but great people on here.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Yes. RussRamz read my post about me messing up the Airbag sticker removal and my regret b/c I'll have to buy a new set to replace the old set I messed up. Those will have the stickers once again. It is very difficult to get your dealer to order Euro Spec stuff for North America (if not impossible).

RussRamz jumped right in, as he was in Germany at the time, got his wife to go to the Bimmer Dealer to pick up my 2 visors (Euro spec, no stickers) and sent it to me ($250 worth of stuff) when I was still a relatively new member here. He didn't even receive my money order yet at the time that he already had mailed mine out (to my PO BOX TOO!).

Great guy. Great commarderie on the board and a lot of trust. Hats off to RussRamz and all of you guys!!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
:crying2: I am too emotional for words.

·
Registered
8,300 Posts
W0W............amazing...........

·
Registered
917 Posts
All of these stories are amazing

But I doubt they reach the coolness factor of member blau M5 sharing his MP5 (oye!) and member Dckoch subsequently offering to hook me up with a machine gun once I am done with my immigration quest (which is in the ****ters 4th fukking time!!!!!!!!! argh!!!!).

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81310

·
Registered
394 Posts
Similar experience with Bonehead. Picked up his snows without ever meeting him or having anyone to hand the money to. Sent him a check after the fact...which was late getting to him BTW ouich.

He never seemed to mind having me pick up the tires from his mechanic...aside from some typical Bonehead humor (about "sure the check's in the mail").

And on the flip side, I sent MRichmond a decent size check on some parts sight unseen, which of course arrived exactly as described. He even threw in some extra brake pads he thought I might be able to get some use out of.

Outstanding community here.:cheers:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
another success story...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts