BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm STILL trying to buy a MK4 DVD drive and I thought I had found one from a seller in germany for 488 Euro including delivery to Australia, but then another person I spoke to from germany said that I should be wary of computers that were part of monitor retrofits due to the inability to control the radio. His email is below

The DVD is 2004 modell.
Please check the DVD for 488,00 if is compatible with
16/9 Monitor. It give 2 modells DVD. For Radio navigation and Monitor Navigation. Radio is not compatible to Monitor.
B.regards

Now from how I read that (I have sent many replies but not go any return emails). the one that I was looking at was part of the Z4 MONITOR retrofit kit and does not mention the radio.

I never thought buying a mk4 computer would be so difficult. any assistance / guidance would be appreciated as the local dealer is not keen on researching teh appropriate part for me due to 1) it did not come out in the 1999 model that i have and 2) there are so many of them listed.

Cheers,
Aaron

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dennis, I've gone through this site with a fine tooth comb as well as http://ww.realoem.com The problem that I am finding is that not all the part numbers that these ebay auctions are advertising actually show up on ETK or realoem, so its a bit hard to know either way. As well as the multitude of part numbers that they actually have for the Mk4 nav computer makes it increasingly difficult.

What I HAVE been able to find out is that 65 9 069 7 1 809 is the current MK4 unit that is being manufactured. ETK lists it as from 09/2002 -> present day, where as the previous model (65906957604) was discontinuted in 3/2005 for some reason??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts