BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
OH NOES! The MF threads are invading us!

I actually prefer option B. As you know, not everyone likes the same sound. As for me, I want something very very nice, relaxing, and smooth until I hit 3500 RPMs. Then all hell can break loose. Why's this? Because under normal driving, the car will sound just like any other, but if you give it some gas (which mostly coincides with you driving like you stole it), then it sounds like a beast.

That is all I want. X-pipe and MF 14815s may sound amazing at high revs, but it may be too much for casual driving. I dont think it's a sound that suits the M5.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Dude, both of those vids rock! A few things though: 1. In both vids was the car already warmed up? 2. Why didn't you pull off in the "no muffler" video? (would have liked to compare the 2). and 3. Is the stock resonator still in place? Without answers to these 3 questions I would argue that the Magnaflow vid is the champ. Me like.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
jules&trish - thanks for the compliment! when i took the 1st vid last year, i didn't think of driving off like i did in the 2nd one. the stock resonator is still in place for each version however. and yes, the car was warmed up for both videos.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Thanks for the info. I listened to both again and I still side with the magnaflow setup. Has a nice deep growl. For some reason, the vid on the left sounds something like a mustang. :dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts